Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
***********THIS IS NOT MINE*********

Found this on youtube, I think I'm gonna try it with white. I will post my results.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Those are some pretty hackey rust patches.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think you missed the point of the vids, lol, JK. They are some real hack repairs, he also used spray foam to repair some rust spots too.

·
R.I.P.
980 Posts
I know a guy that painted his EB with orange latex paint and a roller. Painted over everything including chrom ea glass. Scraped the glass and it lasted for years like that. Bright orange with a nice orange peel effect.

·
THE GHETTO VAQUERO
2,449 Posts
Does this Rustoleum come in a bunch of different colors? Anyone here tried this yet? Results? Pics? My truck is in need of new paint in a bad way. Orange is the color of choice. Also when I can afford a professional paint job will they have a hard time getting this stuff off? Sorry for all the questions, but I'm newb to the paint department. :toothless

Anyone seen/tried the Wagner electric home sprayer method they used on X-Treme 4x4? They just used that pre-mixed Duplicolor stuff you get at the parts store. If anyone tried it can you please post pics>

·
THE GHETTO VAQUERO
2,449 Posts
Is that gonna be soon Shane? I would like to see this go down first hand before I decide. Also what would one use for the door jambs and what not? I want pics, lots of pics. I am gonna change the color of the whole truck, don't want two different colors.

·
Registered
742 Posts
have an air compressor? i have thinned out rustoleum with acetone and then sprayed it to paint a car before and it worked great. just a heads up, the rustoleum will sun fade pretty quickly, but then again i never bothered to wax the rustoleum paint. i just thinned it 50/50 and it sprayed fine.

but on the other hand, there are coupons for maaco in those mint magazines you get in the mail every week. you can get a 2 year warranty paint job for only $350 with the coupon. 1 year was only like $270.

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
these are shit jobs. for an off road rig, sure, but it aint gona last

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I bet it will look just fine for a multi colored truck pieced together from other trucks bought for the purpose of hauling 4 wheelers around.

·
THE GHETTO VAQUERO
2,449 Posts
but on the other hand, there are coupons for maaco in those mint magazines you get in the mail every week. you can get a 2 year warranty paint job for only $350 with the coupon. 1 year was only like $270.
I have gone to Maaco and the quote I got was for like $1,200.00. And that was after I told the guy don't worry about the body work. Just as long as all the jambs are done. So I guess that costs and extra $900. It's fine if I want the same color.

·
Low Buck Bum
3,543 Posts
Maaco is a waste of money and time, pay yourself the difference and do the roller job, wet sand between coats, and you'll end up with something more durable and with a better finish. It's not a show car finish, but it'd look just fine on a daily driver/ off road basher.

·
Registered
3,976 Posts
OL' HANK;2726759 Anyone seen/tried the Wagner electric home sprayer method they used on X-Treme 4x4? They just used that pre-mixed Duplicolor stuff you get at the parts store. If anyone tried it can you please post pics>[/QUOTE said:
I painted my 90 Bronco with the duplicolor like they did on XTreme 4x4. I used a conventional spray gun though.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I painted my truck with the "rustoleum paint job" i'm very happy with it and have a TON of tips for you. Since my truck I have painted a few others this way and gotten great results. One I got so good I even buffed and waxed it. Its TOTALLY worth it and not at all like a rattle can job. PM me and I can give you my rustoleum wisdom lol

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Got any pics? I bought all the stuff just havent had down time to do it yet.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts