Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I met a guy(not a car guy at all) that dragged a 57?(i think thats what he said) chevy from his dead uncles property. Now he wants to sell. From what i read this car is factory equiped with fuel injection. and this black widow package is quite rare? anyone know? Sorry im a ford guy i just get attacked by chevy guys who sell me stuff. thanks

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
Not sure where you got the term Black Widow, never heard that applied to the '57. The fuel injection package was available on the '57 Bel Aire and was rare, but not that uncommon. You can still get parts for it off Ebay without too much trouble. I believe the Rochester fuel injection was virtually unchanged until '66 or so. IIRC, it was only available on Corvettes after '57 or '58.

·
FSB's Bastard Child
2,047 Posts
As far as i know the black widow package was an option in 57, but very rare.

·
Registered
507 Posts
The Black Widow was just a two door version of the same sedan Chevy sold to police and the US Army, only with a fuel injected 283ci V8. Very few of these sedans were made, and all were painted black and white. Because they're almost impossible to find today a mintcondition would be worth a lot. most likely even beat up one would be worth something.

·
Banned
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so something worth restoring? needs floors. and everything needs replacking or cleaning but vin is there original motor tranny too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts