Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone ever hear about putting a 5th wheel in a Bronco? One I am looking at has a 5th, but it's kinda is turning me off. Maybe I can take it off and put it in my truck or sell it. How hard are those to install? They must go down to the frame?

My Wife and I thought about getting a trailer, but with a 4 gen Ram transmission and 3.55 gears, even with the hemi I may not want to carry that weight. It's a reg cab as well. Doubt it will carry the size she wants.

·
House of Windsor 4ever!
10,512 Posts
I saw a fifth wheel trailer that is very small--20' or less--that a Bronco could definitely handle, but with that size, a standard small travel trailer would be just as good. If I think of it, when I go to see my dad and uncle tomorrow, I'll pull over and snap a pic of it.

·
FSM Lifetime
2,239 Posts
Yeah, I just don't see the bennefit.... other than "Hey look what I did"

Any trailer big enough to need it is going to be too big for the bronco... and for all that nothing you gain from the mod... you lose valuable bed space, and the ability to use the top while driving.

It just wasn't meant to be.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
A 5th wheel doesn't interfere with the top - only the trailer does. ;) And if you're pulling a 5er, the bed space in the Bronco becomes really moot. I've thought about it just for moving trailers around on private property (not on public roads) just as a novelty... I might make a gooseneck adapter like that, but I don't own or have access to a GN or 5er. :shrug
it would be easy to manouever a trailer with a nice short wheelbase rig like a bronco

guyt next door to me bought a 5th when I was younger, he special ordered a 86 short box chevy regular cab,as it was shortest truck to do what he needed and he did need a short truck to get trailer in his back yard

1 - 4 of 4 Posts