Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Build overview
95 Bronco 5.8L Auto 4x4
Engine is going to a different truck so I’m swapping power stroke into the Bronco.
I got the donor parts for a great deal and i have the time so here’s what I’m looking at.

Parts from donor (04 F250 superduty 6.0psd auto 4x4)
Motor complete(w/ ficm,wiring, ps pump, ac compressor, alt)
Transmission w/wiring, and filter
Transfercase w/wiring
Pcm w/sct tuner
Radiator w/filter
Intercooler
Complete wiring harness (body & in- cab)

Bought separate:
Fass fuel system
Instrument cluste
Accelerator Pedal w/sensor

So I have just about everything I need to make this new power plant run.
I do not want to keep anything that is not necessary so I’m cutting all wires not needed. What I need help with is making the air bags and the abs stand alone as I am removing the ecm from the bronco and only keeping:

Head Lights & parking lights
A/C blower fan
Blend door
Turn signals
Hazard lights
Locks
Windows
Radio

Any help would be appreciated.

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
9,007 Posts
This will be awesome and i look forward to seeing it done!

Technically the airbags and ABS are already stand-alone, but Ford uses the speed signal output from the ABS for the speedo, so youll need some of the wires to make it work. The stock airbag system is kinda junky, IMO youre better off just getting rid of it and using a non-airbag wheel.

If you dont already have it, i recommend buying the 1995 Bronco EVTM, it will be invaluable on a project like this:

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
don't do it! get a 7.3 or something. I am selling my 6.0 truck, worst motor I have ever owned. and that's with it being bulletproofed, upgraded parts for everything, and it still fails me constantly.

but that amount of power in the bronco should be awesome.

as for the ABS, why not do a SAS with the 04 axles and keep the ABS?

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
The 6.0 is a chore unto itself. I had one. Had.

Look for the ICP sensor, it will either be behind the turbo or on the passenger valve cover. If it’s behind the turbo they are problematic due to exhaust heat.

Bed plate oil leaks are extremely common. You may want to reseal it if you have the engine out.

I believe 2004 was a transition year for HP oil system design. The later years (I had an ‘06) used a snap-to-connect fitting and dummy plugs and standpipes that were prone to HPO leaks. Upgrades exist. Early model years have less reliable HPO pumps.

Everyone knows about head studs and EGR cooler failures.

Good luck with the build. I enjoyed that diesel sound and its pulling power. But now happy with my gas rig.

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
The 6.0 is a chore unto itself. I had one. Had.

Look for the ICP sensor, it will either be behind the turbo or on the passenger valve cover. If it’s behind the turbo they are problematic due to exhaust heat.

Bed plate oil leaks are extremely common. You may want to reseal it if you have the engine out.

I believe 2004 was a transition year for HP oil system design. The later years (I had an ‘06) used a snap-to-connect fitting and dummy plugs and standpipes that were prone to HPO leaks. Upgrades exist. Early model years have less reliable HPO pumps.

Everyone knows about head studs and EGR cooler failures.

Good luck with the build. I enjoyed that diesel sound and its pulling power. But now happy with my gas rig.
Do it. I love my 6.0

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
There’s a guy who put one in a 77-ish F-100. Didn’t follow the build closely but it was neat to see.

·
Registered
1986 Ford Bronco XLT 5.0L EFI
1 Posts
I'm going to try and bring this back. Im new on here, but I'm interested to hear about any progress with the swap. I'm currently gearing up to put a 6.0 into my 86 Bronco. Im not worried about the wiring but I'd be interested in how the motor/trans/transfer case all fit.

As for the 6.0, I think they can be hit or miss, ive had mine for almost two years now. Its in a school bus and I've put about 10k miles on, and not easy one, and its been nothing but amazing. Bulletproofing is in the works though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts