Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The speaker size for the doors on the '95 bronco are 6.5" and the speakers I'm wanting to get are 6.5"/6.75", so I wanted to know if a 6.75" speaker will fit in the doors. I've never done anything with speakers so I'm not sure of the wiggle room there is for different sizes so I thought I'd ask here before getting a set and finding out they don't fit.
Thanks,
Garrick

·
Registered
316 Posts
Are the speakers you are getting listed as both 6.5 and 6.75? It usually means they will fit both enclosures and might utilize a bracket. In the car audio world a 5x7 speaker and a 6x8 are actually the same size. 6.5 is a standard size and you can find them anywhere

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are the speakers you are getting listed as both 6.5 and 6.75? It usually means they will fit both enclosures and might utilize a bracket. In the car audio world a 5x7 speaker and a 6x8 are actually the same size. 6.5 is a standard size and you can find them anywhere
The speakers are Rockford fosgate and they say 6.5"/6.75" and I'm not sure what that means, so does that mean they will fit both 6.5" and 6.75" spaces?

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
7,069 Posts
They may have a spacer ring with them that makes it so it fits either size. My Rockford door speakers were like that

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
7,069 Posts
Those should be pretty good, once you get up to those kind of component speakers you really need an amplifier to drive them to get the most out of them. Not that they would not sound good off of just a head unit but they are somewhat over kill for that if you never plan on giving them real power.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Those should be pretty good, once you get up to those kind of component speakers you really need an amplifier to drive them to get the most out of them. Not that they would not sound good off of just a head unit but they are somewhat over kill for that if you never plan on giving them real power.
Yeah, I had already planned on getting an amp but just wanted to make sure the speakers fit. Is there a specific brand amp I should get or just don't get the cheapest but I don't need the most expensive.
Thanks,
Garrick

1 - 11 of 11 Posts