Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to get some info on the actual height of 6" superflex coils compressed. My 6" TTB coils measure ~16in compressed and when i do my SAS i am looking to be at 8" of overall lift. I am trying to figure out if i need to go with either 4 or 6" coils.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
19 1/4 compressed......6" lift superlift coils...Ordered for a 6" lift 78 Bronco w/a 460...I went outside in the snow for ya.....BBBuuurrrrrrrr.......

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
F1rocco said:
19 1/4 compressed......6" lift superlift coils...Ordered for a 6" lift 78 Bronco w/a 460...I went outside in the snow for ya.....BBBuuurrrrrrrr.......

Thank you rocco thats what i am looking for. I felt like i was pulling teeth just asking for the general height of the spring while its on the truck.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
What you planning on doing........My truck still sits low in the front....But its worth the ride...Jumped it a few times and never realized I was in the air.....Soft landing.......Ranchos 4" were too stiff....But probably only an inch shorter under load than the 6" superlift......

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
plan on doing superflex coils with my SAS and im trying to get overall lift of 8in and if i went with 6" superflex coils, ill be getting more like 10in of lift.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
show me the thread other than the one i put in the SAS forum 1 day after i started this one. I got no responses here at the time and a search yielded no answer for me.

·
Premium Member
7,396 Posts
BambiBasher said:
show me the thread other than the one i put in the SAS forum 1 day after i started this one. I got no responses here at the time and a search yielded no answer for me.
That is called a double post.:toothless

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well i got your response just after i had started the other one. But you are the only person to give me what i asked. I thought i didnt ask for much but apparently i did. thanks rocco for going out of the way

·
Premium Member
7,396 Posts
You were asking about superflex coils and Rocco has Superlift coils with a 460. You have a winch so that will make up some of the weight. But the spring differences are way different. Look through some of the SAS guys that are running the superflex with the engine you have and pm them.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i understand the spring rates are different, that is why the superflex ones come longer cause they have a lower spring rate. But essentially, like i have said before a 6in superflex should give the same lift as 6in superlift on the same vehicle. i hardly got any answers as it is on what peoples coil heights were, how much success do you think i will get if i narrow it down to people with just superflex coils, a winch bumper, a winch, and a 351. I think it will be quite a hard find

1 - 19 of 19 Posts