Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am installing a 6 inch rough country lift on my 89 bronco and have a quick question. i got add-a-leafs and blocks. do i need to use the stock block that is on it or do i need to leave it off.
thanks

also i am kinda new to the board(been reading alot of the posts for a while now just never got around to posting one).:thumbup

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
i reused the factory block along with my 2.5" block. the pinion angle would be WAY off if i hadn't.

how much angle is in the blocks that came with your lift?

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it looks to me like it should be angled more. then i started thinking that the stock blocks might have had to stay on there.

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
how big are the blocks? with my 2.5" blocks, the pinion points right straight in line with the driveshaft when i'm a ride height.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
without the stock blocks the pinion is not in line with the drive shaft. do u think the stock stuff will help it.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
yes, you need the stock angle wedge too .... do not wheel with it too hard or you will throw the axle out on the trail ... trust me..I learned the hard way!

Do a shackle flip OR buy the proper leaf springs

·
Repo'd
1,570 Posts
Second warning

Do Not Wheel Hard With That Set-Up

Wait at least a month or so after you install the
spring kit and then tighten those suckers back
down again. Or you will be sorry. Your U-Bolts
will loosen on you and you will pop that block
when you not expecting it.

On a side note, Save some cash and get some
full spring leaf packs as soon as possible. You
will like them a lot more for their performance
and they are much safer to wheel with.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I am in the same situation.
I wanna take out my lift blocks and put an engle block in, the pinion angle isn't right. A guy I know said he'd make me a pair, all I need are the dementions, do you guys know off hand what the dementions are for the stock angle blocks?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts