Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking to buy a 6inch suspension lift and a 3inch body lift and fit 38s under. I'm kinda new to this so can anyone help me out. Im on a budget but i want a good lift. I want be seeing to much offroad time but it may hit the trails a little bit. Like i said i need a 6inch lift that is at a decent price. I know there has been some post about this but is there going to be anything wrong w/ blocks and not new springs for me bein a daily driver and not seein too much offroad time. Any advice would be very helpful.
Thanks
Cody

·
Registered
470 Posts
Welcome to the site. But you need to use the search funciton in the upper right hand corner or the page. Here is some info. Just remember SEARCH

Lift Info

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,451 Posts
I don't think you have problems with blocks on a DD (I'd still run springs but thats just me...running a rig like that isn't cheap, so if cheap is what your looking for, I'd rethink) As far as 6"+3" setup, what tires do you plan to run and what year is your rig?? You'd prolly be better off runnin' 37" tires according to the brand you plan on...:shrug

P.S. check my sig line I know about big lift and big tires, and I'm still battling issues with it! (hence the cheap route statement earlier...

·
Repo'd
1,570 Posts
I will piggie back here to.

For a DD blocks are fine, but you did mention
some offroadin.

Make sure that you check those U bolts before you go for a lil
jaunt throught the woods or mud or whatever.

Make sure they are tight or you'll be sorry.
Money spent on your rig will grow with time so
prepare for it. It gonna wear stuff out faster.

If you are just lookin for somethin that looks huge
and you run mostly on the street, Stay with the 37"s
Blaze talked about. Make sure you have a good 3 inch
offset rim to kick the stance out and give it the wide and tall
look your goin for.

The MTR or BFG is a very long running tire.
Stay away from the TSL's unless you wanna buy em every 6 months

Anyway, have fun bro

·
Registered
545 Posts
I have to disagree, lift blocks, under any circumstances, are never fine. Ask Zilla about his kicking out, or DBlue351, they'll set ya straight.

As far as a body lift, anything over 2" is unsafe, IMO.

·
Premium Member
10,513 Posts
you wanna see what lift blocks do?

and then you will be like this loser who had to re hang hang his axle TWICE in the same day

and if you are really stupid and don't have extra u joints in the truck ... you will drive home on the front end because the thrown axle will take out your rear driveshaft when the u joint explodes

GET THE PICTURE :shrug

lift blocks are for street queens ... DO NOT WHEEL WITH THEM :mad:

·
huh
7,196 Posts
cultex said:
I have to disagree, lift blocks, under any circumstances, are never fine. Ask Zilla about his kicking out, or DBlue351, they'll set ya straight.
mine were not lift blocks.. just the stock degree wedge thing.. even that cracking and spitting out was not fun..

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,451 Posts
Hey bigcrazy20, you have a Private message to read it, click on the "user cp" button at the top right of this page and go to "private messages"....:beer

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the advice guys. I will let you know how it comes. By the way..what kind of lift are most of your running? I notice most of yall are running 6inch lifts so i wanted to see what is doin yall the best.

·
Registered
463 Posts
sweet. im planing on a 6" suspension & 3" body with at least 39.5s for my 89 within the next year. & im not even considering blocks. is there any thing wrong with that for a most of the time show truck/ocasional offroader? yes... a street queen:mad:. my 95 will be my daily driver/ofroad beast:D. & just curious, whats wrong with a 3" or higher body lift?

·
Registered
573 Posts
I'm donning the flame retardant suit... now I do not claim to be anything other than a novice at this suspension lift thing... (did my wood-sheddin' in my younger years on quarter mile door-slammers) but shouldn't blocks be allright if you got under the truck about every six months and checked the u-bolts with a torque wrench?

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
yes and no. blocks obviously create more leverage on the spring because they are taller. the problem is not that the u bolts come unbolted, but that the leverage from their length causes the blocks to pop out. if you have a heavy foot, this will increase the torqueing (sp?) force that wants to spit the block out. blocks are also subject to more wheelhop, or at least, my wheelhop got worse with putting in 2.5 blocks.

checking them with a torque wrench will definitely help as well as having a light foot, but a shackle flip is a much better way to get lift.

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
SNIBB said:
just curious, whats wrong with a 3" or higher body lift?
the taller the body lift, the longer the bolts are that are holding on your body. the increased length puts the weight of the body higher off the frame, which creates more leverage on the bolts holding your body to the frame.

·
Registered
545 Posts
So if you get in an accident, or hit a tree on the trail, your body will slide off like eggs off a pan.

·
Registered
463 Posts
gotcha. thanks for the words of wisdom guys. like i said this ones guna be just a big ass street queen/ocasional offroader. & who kows, if i wanna do some more, ill follow miketnf150s advice.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts