Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just got done swapping out the 4" leafs for my new Tuff Country 6" leafs. The 6" leafs are a little bit stiffer than the old ones. I think that I might remove a leaf from the pack to see if that helps. Anyway I can clear the 39.5's easy now, no more crunched rear quarter panels. Oh and if anyone is planning on doing a SAS with leafs I have 4" Chevy Ranchos 1yr old $125.
Here is some pics with the new leafs.:thumbup

·
I Cannnt Digggggg It!!!
375 Posts
Cool! Especially w/the SAS. I'm wondering how you setup the frontend. Did you box the frame? Have any more closeup pics of the front mounts? How does she feel without the trac bar? Again sweet rig, now all you need are some front tow points so you dont have to rip that pretty bumper off :D

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No I didn't box the frame. I basicly copyed what Kurt Hartsig did. You cut the front of the horns off so that the frame is just a C. Then make a crossmember that can be bolted in at the front of the frame. The crossmember is what you weld the front spring hangers to. In the rear I just used the rear spring hangers off of a 78 F250.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts