Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched. Couldn't find.

I'm looking at the Superlift 6" superrunner system, but am getting mixed messaged regarding the driveshafts. Some vendors say the driveshafts need to be lengthened, others say they don't. Those of you with Superlift experience, what say you?

~Jeff

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,420 Posts
Brand shouldn't matter 6" is 6". Most didn't need to lengthen their DS. A couple guys on here did, but I think even out of them they didn't really need so much as they thought it would be a good idea. Just put the lift on and go.

·
Screw the Jeep Thing
4,522 Posts
I'm running about 10" of lift on my stock shafts.. But it's an 85

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, thanks guys. Several different vendors said different things, so figured I'd goto people who aren't trying to sell me anything.

~Jeff

·
The Anti Yam!
22,674 Posts

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
when i installed my rough country 6" lift, i didn't "have to" lengthen the driveshaft in the rear, but it was a good idea. my driveshaft fit, it just wasn't fully seated. there was only an inch of seating at the joint. i only knew this because i had a torn boot. in the long run i am glad i did. there are lots of things you dont have to do, but are better in the long run, as long as you dont mind spending the cheese. i ended up lengthening the driveshaft about an inch and a half, replacing and upgrading the ujoints, and slightly oversizing the tubing.
i just broke a front driveshaft last month. while it was out i had it tubed the same way, new ujoints and fresh paint, and a new boot.
didn't have to, but for 70 bucks why not?
whenever possible, i like to upgrade and do maintenace, but that is probably why i dont break the new stuff so often. preventative maintenance goes a long way.
my .02 worth

1 - 9 of 9 Posts