Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:whiteflag I have a 1993 EB Bronco 351

I want to install 6" Rough Country kit, but should I do it with blocks or rear spring?

I am new on all this, so I need professional help.

Does somebody has pictures with rear blocks or rear sprig leaf, just to compare?

I have the option to install quad shocks. Shoul I do it? What will be the difference?

Thanks for your help
ED

·
Registered
604 Posts
if you got money for springs, do it. For one, thats one less suspension componet, that prolly has some wear, tear and miles on it.

You have 4-6 inches of only blocks between your whole truck and your axle. I will try to find a picture a guy posted up of the block that shifted. IMO blocks are alright if they are 2 inches, but when you start puttin long blocks, and only long u bolts holding it, theres room for error, and if that error happens, nothing good will come from it:popc1:

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
There's a huge lift info thread stickied in the 80-96 section, go read that and it will answer any question you could possibly have.

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
i have a rc 6" lift that installed last august. three weeks ago, i broke the center pin in my leaf pack (running blocks, cuz i was broke at the time).
the break caused my rear end to shift backward and do a little body damage, and in taking it all apart i discovered that the other centerpin sheared at the same time.
so...
if you have the loot, either go with springs or a shackle flip.
i fixed the centerpins and then ordered a shackle flip, which should be arriving anyday now.

i have wheeled the snot out of the blocks and they have been fine for a few exceptions. if i were redoing the whole thing over again i would go with lift springs, or go with a shackle flip. skip the headaches and maybe body damage and forget about the blocks.

my 1.5cts.

·
Registered
13,883 Posts
best pic of my blocks i have (not good thing)

buddy with new springs (good thing)

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have a buddy that lost a block while wheeling, he had to drive the truck out in order to fix it, and he ended up trashing the driveshaft and did a whole lot of body damage. Go with springs if you have the cash.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.