Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who use the sky extended shackle hangers and have a 6" lift, what did you do to keep the back from being too low? Was it fine with just the new hangers and stock leaves and 6"coils up front or would that make it too low in the back. If it makes it too low in the back did you use an add-a-leaf or a lift block? Also how expensive are lift blocks? I assume not very expensive I was just wondering so when I order the kit if I should ask them to take the blocks out or if it wouldnt even be worth it. Thanks for the help (in advance):thumbup

·
Registered
6,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Crazed said:
read the post...he was asking if the shackle flip would be enough lift.
yeah basically I want to know is what you would need to add to the shackle flip if anything to have your bronco sit level with 6" coils up front and also if it is worth the savings to ask for no blocks in the lift kit (if you can)?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Marauder said:
No one can help me out. Guess I will just have to buy them and experiment. :shrug
If you do the shackle flip that should give you 4" of lift. So to answer your question you should try to stay away from blocks but using a 2" block should solve the problem for you. Call Rough Country that is where I got all of my stuff done at. I told them the deal and what I wanted and they only send and charge you for what you need. You may want to look into using some shims also. My suggestion is try the shackle flip first with the stock blocks in there and then see where you are with that. If it is still low adjust as needed with blocks. Just thought of something though. You could put an add a leaf in there if you want it would stiffen up your spring pretty good so you don't get so much droop and that would add about the same amount of lift. I could sell you mine from rough country if you want. I bought them for $50.00 Will sell to you for $35.00. I also have a 3" block set for $35.00 paid $60.00 for you if you want to go that way. Let me know. PM me if you have anymore questions.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Andy351 said:
how do you think we all learned what setup works best? n00B :goodfinge
Very true. Started with stock leafsprings add a leaf and 2 yes two 2" blocks. What a pain stacking blocks what the hell. Got new spring packs. Put add a leaf in screwed up pinion angle took out add a leaf. Got custom 6" blocks and a 6 degree shim. Sitting good for now. It's all in trial and error everything comes with it's benifits and losses.

·
Registered
6,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yes I did search and I knew theres TONS of threads on it but I couldnt find a deffinitive awnser (On sky's site it says aprox 4.5" :shrug), sorry maybe I overlooked the awnser. And yes Andy I know, I know, but I wanted to ask because when I go to put my lift on I have to take it to another members house who has the right tools to do it, and thats 1 hour away and I have to do it all in 1 pass because my truck is also a DD. So I suppose I will get the hangers and go with a 2" block and if the blocks are too much I can always E-bay em' :thumbup thanks for the info guys.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.