Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all we are having issues getting fuel to the front bowl. Checked the lines, getting fuel to carb. New fuel pump. Float level adjustment all the way open and no junk in the pin. Disconnected the coil and the bowl fills. Truck runs a min or 2 and the bowl is empty again.

·
Registered
865 Posts
there is a problem with the summit carb, first if you don't know it's built by holley based on the old ford design from the 60's. my friend went thru 3 before he got it right. there is also a problem with intake manifold heat, it causes the fuel in the bowls to vaporize. my truck has a spacer between the carb and the intake and it still heat sinks the carb, causing fuel to vaporize. this intern can affect the internals of the carb.
you might also be having a problem with the pump eccentric which is mounted to the cam. it might be broken and just spinning enough to get fuel up to the carb but not maintain the flow. I have seen this happen before.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We disconnected the fuel lines to the carb Into jars, getting fuel That way.

If it is part on the cam can we go to an electric fuel pump to fix the problem?

·
Registered
865 Posts
look for post by FSU Bronco and Raleigh. also look on the search in the forum for electric pumps, another is how old is the summit carb, call summit tech line

·
Registered
313 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts