Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
see, this is one of the reasons i hate coming home on leave. i went to go see my best friend last night (stephen), but when i got to his house no one was there. i was like wtf! he lives about 10 miles out of town and i did get any cell phone service untill i got to his house. a few minuets later i got a voice mail from him saying him and my other friend jacob were on their way to lufkin (town 20 miles south of nacogdoches) to buy a scout for 1200$. i was like oh **** me, now i got to wait here forever till they get their ahppy asses back. about and hour and a half later they roll up in a red scout with no top. it was 38 degrees last night. they were a litle frozen. its in decent shape, has a 304 v8, automatic:bs, all 4 remington wide brutes spin when in 4wd. the trasfer case is a little picky, you have to do her just right so she'll slide in. no turn signals or back-up lights, brakes lights are bright as hell. the back seat isnt bolted in so thats some added fun when goin muddin.

well the last person to drive it last night way my boy otis(andrew), this dude is crazy. he thought the ditch was a great spot to take her. oh yeah we named the scout medusa. so he gets in the ditch at about 30 mph and the back right tire rolls off the rim. wow. then the engine dies and the battery is dead so it wont crank. 2 miles later im at the house getting the truck because no one else can run like i can. we pull it out and do a 500 point turn to get the thing turned around so we can get it back to the house before the sherrif rolls by. i stated the first sentance because now i want to stay and help rebuild it and do all the monkeying around with it. and hull out some mud holes. it does pretty damn good in the mud. anyody out there have any experince with scouts? mabey i can give my friends some pointeres.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
they got a pretty nice find for the price around here. something like that couldve been sold for more but the people were hurting for money and had to get rid of it. he pulled 500$ out of the atm and wrote a 700$ check and she signed the title over on the spot. all it needs is insurance.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok fellas, ask and you shall recieve. sorry for the limited number of pics, the batteries died fast. now, something i found out a few minuets ago. see i dont know nothing about scouts. never had one and never worked on them. the scout 800A wasnt made till late '65 to '71. the 304 wasnt put in untill '69. i guess me and my friends are dumbasses. my dad even asked is that a '70 or '71. all he has to do is look at it for a millisecond and he can tell you the year, what options were available ect ect ect. hes a nut.

·
Administrator
22,857 Posts
broncos&bombs said:
ok fellas, ask and you shall recieve. sorry for the limited number of pics, the batteries died fast. now, something i found out a few minuets ago. see i dont know nothing about scouts. never had one and never worked on them. the scout 800A wasnt made till late '65 to '71. the 304 wasnt put in untill '69. i guess me and my friends are dumbasses. my dad even asked is that a '70 or '71. all he has to do is look at it for a millisecond and he can tell you the year, what options were available ect ect ect. hes a nut.
by limited i see you mean 0...

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i just got back from by buddy's house where the scout is. when i went yesterday afternoon, we couldnt get it started. the battery was dead for one, but we got that back up. it would just turn over and over and over. there was this wire dangling underneath and my friend otis grabbed it where it came into the engine compartmen and yanked it off the truck completly. someone suggested the fule pump. i looked at the front right side of the block down at the bottom and noticed that there was no fuel line going to the pump.

the tube was packed with mud. then i got this sinking feeling that the wire that got yanked was something important. i looked underneath and saw the electric fuel pump with no hot wire. yanked out of the pump, no way to put the wire back on. all of the sudden, everything in the universe was back in sync for us. i remember 2 nights ago when the tire rolled off in the ditch, there was a 6 foot log sticking out from under the truck. that little fawker pulled it off the pump. no wonder it wouldnt crank then. 50$ was the cheapest pump we could find. 35$ for a new alternator. the old wasnt pumping out enough juice. now she runs like a scalded dog again.

·
Registered
912 Posts
If you need any parts www.jpscout.com A damn good friend of mine who has about 10 behind his house. Parts galore. Plus he is also in NC and drives a Bronco

·
Explorer driving
4,192 Posts
JP Scout Salvage, Inc.
1503 Turtle Dove Rd.
Conover, NC 28613
Phone: 828-256-6030 Fax: 828-256-6030

·
Snow Bunny
841 Posts
ok some of your scout facts are off a touch, the scout 800 went into productinon in 65 800a didn't go into production untill like 69.5 and only ran like a year and a half, thats why it is rare. a 62 would be a scout 80. double check the year though, the scout 80 had a fold down winshield where the 800's didn't. also note that the year for scouts was dteremined by when they were sold not by when they were made. so if a scout was made in 65 and sold in 67, it was called a 67. those scout motors are tuff motors, keep oil in it, and it'll go forever.

a good place for scout info is www.binderbulletin.org thats the best place to go for scout info

1 - 20 of 21 Posts