Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
USAF C-17 Maintenance
'94, '92, '88, and '84 Broncos
6,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last useful thing I ripped off over winter break of the junked 65 F100 dad and I bought for parts was the grill. To bad the only way I could get it was basicly a torch around the fenders and core support. The mission of the day I took these pics was to get down to the bare aluminum. Not terribly difficult, just ground off 20 41year old salt blasted bolt heads.

The prize! :chili:

Believe it or not this stupid 13 dollar grinder from harbor freight gets used more than my milwaukie. Other than havin the switch in a dumb spot, works good!

Adrianspeeder

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,916 Posts
I'm seriously sitting here with my mouth hung open. You f'in suck! hahahaa.

Dude, I'm so jealous. I gotta ask, but I'm afraid...what'd you pay for it?

It's perfect...and aluminum. Lord. That would be like the Holy Grail of junkyard scores. You rule.

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Looks cool but what are you going to do with it?

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,916 Posts
ToddACimer said:
Who cares?! With something that pristine and hard to come by, you grab it. [And if he got it cheap enough, he could make a great profit re-selling it.]

I'd have been on it like a chicken on a june bug if I'd have spotted it. You can't get an aluminum grill for a '65 unless you luck up on one - and if it's at a swap meet, you'll pay for it. Most of them are steel painted grills. You can buy a repro '66 grill, but not a '65.

Him and his dad are restoring a '66, so they'll probably use it for that.

I'm still green with envy, you lucky sumbitch. ;)

·
USAF C-17 Maintenance
'94, '92, '88, and '84 Broncos
6,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ToddACimer said:
Might end up puttin it in the 66. Still a toss up on what one I like better.

BroncoBabe said:
Dude, I'm so jealous. I gotta ask, but I'm afraid...what'd you pay for it?
Remember the two 65's we bought last year for 500 from a farmers field? A wrecked shortbed custom cab got us to perfect rust free solid doors and a tailgate. The just plain beat motorless green '65 custom cab got us the perfect grill, a perfect hood, two doors equal in kinda beat condition to the F250s, kinda nice seat, and a good extra steerin column + linkages. Plus every bit of trim and interior.

The red wrecked 65 after I stripped it was crushed and scrapped for 200 cash, and I expect the green one to get the same. So all and all, minus gas to drive to Dover PA, 100bucks aint too bad.

It's gettin there...

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,916 Posts
I still say you suck. :goodfinge You know I'm just messin with ya. ;)

I went and looked at two '66s last week. The old man wants $600 a piece for them and one of them doesn't even have the front clip, neither is running. They've both got painted steel grills and are standard cabs. One styleside shortbed, the other a longbed stepside with no floor in it. Eh, I'm still lookin'....I'm gonna find me another '65. Just a matter of time.

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,916 Posts
I didn't think to take the camera with me when I looked at the '66s. :shrug

Why'd you have to bring this thread up? I had to look at that grill again.

Haha, I'm so retarded. I didn't even see you in that pic of your red '66 til I looked at it again. Yeah, now I feel like a guy lookin at a pic of a hot naked chick and a car...'theres a car in that pic?' Cept I was backwards, saw the truck, not the guy. Sorry. :brownbag

1 - 9 of 9 Posts