Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been discussed several times, but I haven't had any luck with a couple of things. First, how have people mounted their 6x9 speakers in the back of the truck? I tried to modify my brackets and the damn things ended up cracking and breaking, I just couldn't get it to work. Also, the 6x9's are deeper, is there anywhere that makes speaker grills for our trucks that'd be larger? I've got an excellent set of 6x9 speakers sitting in my garage that I can't figure out how to mount. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

:beer

Tony

·
Premium Member
5,103 Posts
I know this has been discussed several times,

Tony
Your right... did you try to search? I used 6x9 and came up with many threads.

http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/search.php?searchid=1706776

I have them in mine. I had to ditch the baskets and enlarge the stock location hole in order for the baskets to clear. I then used large sheet metal screws to hold the speakers in. I put my stock interior panel back on..... its a bit of a pain and up for debate whether or not its worth the time and effort....

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
All I did until I make something to look nicer was cut a board to size for the speakers to mount in. That board got screwed into the stock mounting bracket (had to cut some material off to fit the speaker in) and then the speaker got mounted to that board. Eventually I'll do the same thing with metal but the wood was laying around the shop and works for now. Basically, think "adapter".

·
green ones make me horny
11,135 Posts
they fit fine in the sotck brackets. all you have to do is redrill the mounting holes for them. in my case i just used aself tapping screws to mount them.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It all sounds good, but it seems a lot of you have older model vehicles with totally different interiors. The 92-96 interior is curved on the outside, and a board wouldn't work too well. Also, if I build a mount (I was trying to earlier) I found out that the speaker is deep to the point that it pretty much has to sit against the body to fit the trip on. Should I just put some super long screws in there and call it good? I'm not really sure. But since I broke the bracket my old (sorta blown) Pioneer 6x8's aren't going back in. PICS would be AWESOME on a 92-96. OJ - I tried to make it fit into the stock basket, but it's just to friggin' big.

Tony

·
Registered
5 Posts
i tried to put 6x9s in my 92 and they buzz really bad because they hit on the plastic panel

has anybody else had this problem? know how to fix?

·
Registered
5 Posts
ok for anybody with a 92-96 bronco

i figured out how to make the 6x9s fit very nicely

just take the speaker basket out (3 screws) and turn it side ways and drill it back it

drill new holes on the basket and mount your speakers

i guess sometimes you just gotta figure things out on your own.

·
Wanna see my
4,448 Posts
I did something that you are not suppose to do, but it worked. The speakers work, and sounds alright. I got the complete set of pioneer from walmart one christmas. 4 speakers and the head unit.

Well couldnt get the speakers to fit, as they were to deep. So I just slid them in the hole, took some maneuvering but finally got it in there. Well when i finally got the speaker in the magnet was hitting the body and nothing was mounting up. Well there they stay, magnet is stuck to the inside of the body panel and thus that is how its mounted, no screws just the magnet of the speaker. I know its a bad idea, but it works. Been through bumpy roads, mud holes and even through the Hot Springs Superlift ORV park. Speakers are still where i stuck them. :thumbup

·
Registered
7,922 Posts
When I put 6x9s in my 92, I had no problem getting them in there. I just drilled new holes and they fit perfectly. Infinity Kappas if I remember correctly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts