Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

· FSM Lifetime
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How's it going guys?

It's been a while, but I'm finally at a point where I'm making a lot of progress on my 7.3 Bronco build. After 5 years of working on it, its a very exciting time. I need to back-track and upload a bit to catch up my build thread, but I decided to also start documenting the build on Youtube as well. If anyone is interested, I'll link the first video below. It's definitely a change compared to just writing and photographing, and I'm still getting into the swing of it. This video is just a general walk around, and the next video will be of the truck firing up and running. Hopefully it won't be too long till the body is on it.

Once I catch up my build thread, you can look for the videos there. I'm just waiting to post them there until everything is caught up, so it's all in chronological order. Hope you enjoy!

· FSM Lifetime
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I haven’t had a chance to update my build thread yet, so here’s my most recent update. It’s of tearing apart my gasser Bronco, and starting the 7.3 Powerstroke rolling chassis up for the last time before swapping on a body. If you guys have any questions or want to see it in more detail, please let me know.

· JULY '16 F.O.T.M.
895 Posts
I am so jealous on the 7.3.. I seriously looked into doing it for mine, but it won't pass emissions here in CO.

You have done an amazing job on all of it, love the engine/suspension/frame work, the body prep, and the videos are awesome to watch!

Keep up the great work. Looking forward to the next one.

That 7.3 rumble is music to my ears!!

· FSM Lifetime
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am so jealous on the 7.3.. I seriously looked into doing it for mine, but it won't pass emissions here in CO.

You have done an amazing job on all of it, love the engine/suspension/frame work, the body prep, and the videos are awesome to watch!

Keep up the great work. Looking forward to the next one.

That 7.3 rumble is music to my ears!!
I appreciate it buddy! I am hyped to finally have this thing coming together and to hopefully be able to drive it around this spring. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the weather breaks and that I can get back to working on it and sharing my progress sometime soon.

· Registered
1 Posts
great build! Iv got all the parts including superduty axles. How do you plan to mate the diesel wiring to the gas wiring? I was considering replacing the whole dash wiring with diesel truck wiring. But was also thinking about repinning the firewall plug.

· FSM Lifetime
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
great build! Iv got all the parts including superduty axles. How do you plan to mate the diesel wiring to the gas wiring? I was considering replacing the whole dash wiring with diesel truck wiring. But was also thinking about repinning the firewall plug.
Thank you! My plan is to just use the dash and wiring harness from the pickup. It was a single cab XLT, so everything will work as intended (hopefully), except for the tailgate glass. That I'll have to do something custom for, but I'm not too worried about it.

· Premium Member
413 Posts
Great job Joe! It's been a while since I've visited the forum, and I hadn't seen any of this until now. Great videos! They're certainly entertaining & make your build thread much more interesting! And major props for doing all that work outside in January! Damn, I wish I was half my age & motivated enough to jump into a project like that!

· FSM Lifetime
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Great job Joe! It's been a while since I've visited the forum, and I hadn't seen any of this until now. Great videos! They're certainly entertaining & make your build thread much more interesting! And major props for doing all that work outside in January! Damn, I wish I was half my age & motivated enough to jump into a project like that!
Thank you very much Ghosteh. It's definitely been a hell of a project and is finally getting close to moving soon.

Also, I have an update to post. I'm getting close to having the body done:

· JULY '16 F.O.T.M.
895 Posts
We’ve got a runner!!

BEAST does not even begin to describe your Bronco!
You packed so much work into a single video, holy cow that could have been 4 or 5 different ones.
As always nice job on the video and thanks for sharing your amazing build.

· FSM Lifetime
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
BEAST does not even begin to describe your Bronco!
You packed so much work into a single video, holy cow that could have been 4 or 5 different ones.
As always nice job on the video and thanks for sharing your amazing build.
I haven't seen this reply until now, but thanks a ton buddy! I wish I could have broken it down more, but the rush to get done for Bronco Roundup was too intense.

But I've been holding out on you guys, check out below for the Diesel Bronco's first drive (all the testing I got to do) and then immediately going to Rausch Creek for a weekend of wheeling. The Bronco really did blow away ALL of my expectations.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts