Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Story goes friend has a 7.3 IDI turbo not the powerstroke with 100k miles comes with everything oil pan to glow plugs all stock. The truck was a 2wd f250 we were thinking about putting it in my bronco we have encountered 3 problems we think before we start. My bronco is a 1995 5.0 4 speed with over drive so was the f250. The problems we think will arise is the driveshaft on the bronco needs to be custom the transfercase might be a problem and the computer of a 1994 f250. Also my bronco is stock. If you want me to add anymore information just ask thanks.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Cake walk. Swap the dash and wiring from the diesel so your guages work. You will need a different tranny as far as I know, but you may be able to rid yourself of the 4x2 tail housing and put the 4x4 housing into place if it is possible. If it is, or even if it is not, you can reuse your t-case when you get a 4x4 trans.

Ask me how I know.

SWS

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok so I cant use the transfercase on the bronco with the on the IDI then is what your saying unless I get a new transmission meant for the 4x4 ok. Going to see if we can get the 4x4 on the bronco to the IDI.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sorry to get a little off topic, but if that F250 was also a 95, then it should be a DI, not an IDI. I beleve 94 was the first year of direct injection. Just thought that might make you a little happy and possibly make purchasing parts nicer in the future.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts