Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
While it is listed on the Ford Performance Parts website, it is quite ready for primetime. The associated front accessory drive and brackets plus power steering pump and alternator are not listed for the public. Not to mention a standalone ECU and wiring harness.

I started a thread in the general Bronco section a few months ago. I updated it today when my part source notified me.

Expect 3-6 month wait for more details from Ford. They are in the works plus their are some aftermarket EFI companies working on their own systems for the 7.3L.

First one to say Fuel Tech I am throwing a coconut at. Please that happening it's beyond their scope.

I will be updating my thread as more info is released to me.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Would 700 hp/ 750 ft lbs make you happy with no internal mods? To reach those kind of numbers would require a 521/545 big block with lots of mods and lots of dollars. Figure at least $15K for a motor that might not have good street manners or even good off road.

Now that brand new 7.3L comes standard with a cross bolted main iron block, forged internals, aluminum heads. Basically all the good stuff. Add to it this!

Basic bolt on, tune and go.
The email I received yesterday from the Whipple product director stated that it would be available Q3 or Q4 this year. He stated it would be available as vehicle specific that includes the needed electronics or as a hot rod kit which does not include the electronics or tune.

Like a stated above this is a great first step for Ford but more is needed. Either from Ford or the aftermarket. Right now it is a wait and see ballgame.

All of this has been discussed in detail in this thread:

No sense having two threads running at the same time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts