Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1995 Ford Bronco and want to swap in a 7.5 and a 5 speed ZF transmission. I have a whole 1995 Ford F250 4x4 with the 460 and 5 speed. What all would I need to do to make this happen? I know I have to make some drive shafts and someone mentioned motor mounts. Thanks!!

·
Registered
81 FSB 351w turbo’d w/ ZF5 swap
81 Posts
That sounds sweet! Being that you have a complete donor...i imagine the clutch pedal/brake pedal assembly to mount inside the firewall you'd need to fab or cut out & install in the bronco..., engine mounts...& a BFH!

·
Registered
263 Posts
It should be just a drop-in and go. Any parts you need would be already on the F250, with the exception of the drive shafts you mentioned. Keep the rear axle (if SRW) and you're halfway there for a future SAS swap.

Clutch / brake bracket and master clutch cylinder, as well as the engine computer, again should be just bolt on / plug-in. Motor mounts should also be bolt-ons, just remove from the F250 and bolt to the Bronco

·
Registered
109 Posts
I believe you need the motor mount pedestals off the frame of the F250. your bronco should already have a cover plate where the clutch master cylinder mounts through the firewall. the front driveshaft *should* also work. Check out Crazed's swap on here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts