Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got the stonecrusher extentions with 7 degree bushings and these things are narrow. they are inboard of the frame alot i think like 21 inches apart and the frame is like 36 inches apart.whats up?

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
8,685 Posts
It should be obvious. The radius arms are angled in towards the center of the vehicle, so the longer they become, the further inboard of the frame they will be. Your particular radius arm bushing has nothing to do with this, they are all the same.

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
My radius arms are about 11" longer than stock and I made my radius arm mounts about 4" inside the frame rails due to the angle.

·
Registered
203 Posts
this is what you are going to end up with

I built a new cross member to support the 203 205 doubler and have spots to mount the radius arms to it. you just have to make sure that your track is right(distance from front to rear is the same) and your axle is centered.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
rlevs, that is a sweet looking setup, I hope to look like that some day soon too.

So heres a general question; Normally how much can you tweak the arms in or out before the C bushings start binding or you risk ripping the bushing?

·
Registered
203 Posts
as soon as I get it all together I will let you know.should have alot of the parts by this week end to finish the axle in changed from half to one ton and mounting points have changed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts