Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new 72 bronco that I need help wiring with, it’s allready kind of wired, can anyone walk me through wiring each component, all the wires are labeled of where there supposed to go. For example right now I’m looking at a wire that sais “Dist mod” and “choke” for the electric choke on the carb. What wires do I need to get it running?
Trunk Machine Kit car Classic car Hood
Electrical wiring Wire Engine Electronics Cable

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
awesome ride you have there... unfortunately the FSB was manufactured from 1978-1996. The 1966-77 Broncos are called “Classic Broncos” so you might get better luck looking for help at a Classic Bronco Forum.

·
Super Moderator
29,039 Posts
Yo Caden,
This is all I have for now.
I assume you have the in-line six engine

"
"Some use an electrically heated choke thermostatic spring housing as an aid to fast choke release and better emission characteristics during engine warm-up. The heater operates from a lead off the alternator only when the engine is actually running." by Ford

The heater element only operates when ambient temperatures are above 60° F (when long periods of choke operation are not necessary for engine driveability). When temperatures are blow 60° F, the choke thermostatic spring is heated in the normal manner: via a tube running from an exhaust manifold heat stove."

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
16,301 Posts
@NickOille or @raleigh may be able to help

What kind of distributor/ignition do you have? What brand of harness? Generally speaking, you need the distributor and coil wired up and thats all it needs to run. Everything else is a quality of driving thing. Choke wire should hook right to the carb. Dist mod should stand for distributor module.

As said, you will likely get more specific help at a forum dedicated to the early broncos. Not that we don't like em!

Reactions: slimpartywagon

·
OMF
2,963 Posts
The harness looks like it may be a Painless or a similar type of harness.

I assume it came with the Bronco as a project?

If so I would do some research or even call the supplier to see if they have some direction for you.

These harnesses are great because everything is labeled, which makes them very easy to install.
As long as you know what each component is you should be able to tackle this, just take your time.

If you have questions post specific pics and questions, take it a bite at a time.

·
Super Moderator
5,167 Posts
Hi Caden,
I definitely recommend going to a forum that's for the early Bronco.
There are many here who can probably help with generic wiring questions, but if you want specifics to your body style, you'll have better luck there, since they're completely different vehicles.
Good luck!

·
Premium Member
84 Bronco, 351w, c6, custom doubler, np208, 5.13’s, TTB44, 9”, locked f/r
1,294 Posts
Like Dave said, I’m assuming aftermarket Painless or Ron Francis wiring harness if the wires are labeled. All you really “need” just to make it run so you can move it is the ignition stuff. I’m gonna assume duraspark? Do you have a silver square box, like 6” or so with 6 wires coming out of it?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts