Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are the left and right radius arms the same? I'm about to wrist my current set and they look to have a machined in taper at the bushing end where the end cap mates. both of mine have the same taper and casting number C6TA 3045A 33 do I need to go out and find the other side?
Thanks for any help.

also tried this one in the 78-79 forum hoping someone would know.

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
WTF? did someone delete my post? i answered this first about an hour ago... lol, i thought i was losing my mind. its posted in two forums.

well heres what i said...
they are the same. wrist away. mine was so much fun. i filled the whole arm with 1/2" & the ==C part with beads too just for fun. oh yeah, im glad to answer any questions. do both sides at the same time, tacking opposite sides so as not to warp it. if you knew that already, sorry. oh hey, before you drill the hole think about it carefully. if you dont figure out what the deal is, ask me before you drill...

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info ... it was just the tapered ends that had me, but it musta just been all the grinding dust messin with my head.
:brownbag
I took a different route from the norm and used layered 1/4" plate. first layer runs from C to the end, second layer fills C and goes 2/3 down arm. I'm planning to oversize the pivot hole and drop in a chunk of tube as well.
:shrug
what exactly are you meaning about the holes? I thought about it :banghead , got a headache :mad: and so in order to save on Tylenol I'm just gonna ask ... HUH? :toothless

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
i used 1" and i was thinking 1.25" but i can always make another. since this (the 1") has worked for others, i figured it would do. whats your reasoning for the pipe insert? i was going to fill or at least cover the outside of it with diamond plate steel but they dont make it in 1/2" still i guess i could add it on. even still, the weight increase was huge. i have to wait to get the shock mount figured out. i think thick wall pipe or tube with a chunk of square tube with a side cut off so its more or less "U" shaped welded to the top will make a good mount for it. and i have to see if i can keep the quads after the D60 goes in up front with the high steering arms. i will PM you about drilling the holes... its top secret, lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts