Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spotted this truck a few months ago at the cycle dealer I delivered the Mits. to.
Quick look at the time I thought it was a '78.
Actually ended up being a '76.
Mechanic at the shop had brought it up out of Nev. to Eastern Idaho.
43,000 original miles, paint has let go and has surface rust.
Original owner died and it went to his grandson, sat for years and the 302 is froze up, but I think I can fit a 460 in it. :thumbup
Aside from the surface rust there isn't a ding in it other than the mooshed fender, got one of those.
Anyway went and picked it up today.

Tailgate is perfect.

Check out the dome light, isn't even yellowed.

]

·
Premium Member
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
"with the beak and the talons"

cool truck. Toss that topper :thumbup
I think it's aluminium...minum...mum...., frame at least.
Maybe I can scrap it out and get my $500 puchase price back?

Def. needs to go. Maybe a set of stacks thru the side steps of the bed, and an "old school" beer keg fuel tank in the bed? :toothless

Going to start on it Monday getting it cleaned out and seeing what it needs, I'll get better pics. then.

·
Premium Member
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cool truck, looks like a great project. please do something more tasteful than the stacks, it isn't a mopar afterall.
:histerica

Awww man, stacks are cool.

·
crank trigger
8,150 Posts
:histerica

Awww man, stacks are cool.
:toothless

to be honest, i always thought they were cool on the redball express trucks. must be my inner hick shining through.

In Mad Max there is a truck like that one painted orange with the top chopped way down. pretty cool looking, it might have had stacks but i don't remember. what i do remember is that it had the cool pneumatic dart gun.

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
37,122 Posts
nice score!

·
Registered
712 Posts
Def. needs to go. Maybe a set of stacks thru the side steps of the bed, and an "old school" beer keg fuel tank in the bed? :toothless
Not through the sides of the bed, run them straight up through the bed, my Chevy was the $hit like that at school, and it ain't like there ain't any other modded trucks and cars:

Man I miss that truck, but rust was taking over real bad so it had to go...

·
Premium Member
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Last time it was tagged was '94, so she's been sitting for 13-14 years?
I'll get the topper off and see about knocking the surface rust down till I can do the paint. Need to see what else it needs mechanicaly besides the motor, might try and get the 302 fired up before I pull it.
I'd like to strip it down to the frame and go through everything, just depends on how much shop time I can get.
I'll take pictures along the way.
Doubt I'll go with stacks, but side pipes are an option, drop it a little and level it out. We will see.

·
Registered
712 Posts
If you want sidepipes don't level it, drop it a bit but keep a 2" or so rake - sidepipes are associated with muscle cars, muscle cars usually have some rake to their stance, and you have a truck anyways - if you level it out then sidepipes will look kinda outta place... and you know your rear wheels will need to be 10" wide, whereas the fronts should stay 8" or less, right?

·
Wanna see my
4,448 Posts
:stupid

well that was for blaze, but it goes for the last two posts. :toothless

·
Premium Member
12,534 Posts
Nice score 4dr. I gotta ask WTF was Ford thinking with that interior color? That has got to be the most horrid looking color I've ever seen.

I have not forgot about your item either...... The shortbed was picked up yesterday so that is one thing off my mind but I started work on the supercab... I'll see if I can get it wrapped up this week.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
great find.......keep us posted on the outcome.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts