Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've looked all over summit and jegs but cannot seem to find a stock replacement 351/400 oil pan for a 78 Bronco. Any suggestions where to search? I have seen the Milidon one but don't want to spend $400 on it. All I can find are for cars no trucks.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
I don't know of a new pan for them. try the usual? ebay? classifieds on fsb for used ones?

·
Registered
505 Posts
green sales company in ohio might 1 800 543 4959 or 1 513 731 3304 , they have alot of old ford parts in stock , nos parts just got a prop valve last month

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys. Let me pull my old one off and see if it is re-usable. I'll be in touch in a few weeks if it is bent or the flange is messed up.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Update- Pulled the pan, the flange was fine. I think the main problem was that the oil pan bolts were at best finger tight holding it on. I had already drained the oil by that point and figured I'd replace the gasket while i was down there. One more place to prep before I go out , i guess they have a tendency to loosen over time. No need to lift the engine or anything it pulled right out.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Just make sure you dont overtighten the bolts with the new gasket. Cork gaskets shrink over time and 99% of people dont check the bolts to make sure they are snug.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts