Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,

Last month I bought my dream truck, a 78 Ford Bronco! I'm in the process of taking out the 4 inch body lift and converting it to stock height with poly busgings from Jeffs Bronco Graveyard. Since the kit that I took out is not stock, its tough for me to match up which bushings go where. The new kit has no instruction.. Does anyone have experience with the 78/79 JBGY kit and matching up the bushings and steel sleeves?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Premium Member
2,183 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! I do have it set up loke that.

I guess the only remaining question is if i have the top and bottom isolators matched up and if theyre in the right locations.

The truck had a 4 in suspension lift and a 4 in body lift. Im taking the body lift out becuse the poly bushings look new but theyre all torn up from abuse.

I believe that there is an extension in the steering gear box. Could this be the reason that the front isolator has a gap between the body?

·
Premium Member
2,183 Posts
How much of a gap? You may have an extension on your shift lever as well.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The gap was around a half inch or so. When I loosened up the passenger side, it sat down. Now when I look at it, it appears to slant by that much towards the driver side. I may simply add washers to raise it.

I did have to cut and weld the shifter linkage, but I destroyed the rubber insert that connects to the column. Any idea where I can buy this?

Also, I noticed that it idled waaaay too high. Are the foot pedals usually adjusted during a body lift?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts