Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine has a 79 FSB that he wants to convert from the single shock radius arms to the duel shock radius arms. I've compared everything against my duel shock set up and feel it can be done. I have spare set of single shock radius arms that by combining the two sets of radius arms, he would come out with the duel set up. My questions are this:

1. Is there a differance between left and right arms other then where the shocks sit on the single shock set up? I say no but could be wrong that's why I'm asking.

2. Can you inter change the front caps on the radius arms? I've heard you shouldn't as they are matched to the arms.

3. has anyone ever done this and if so, how easy/hard was it?

4. I know we'll need the extra shock mounts as well and I think the ones from the donor vehicle will work.

Any and all input is appreciated.

·
Registered
689 Posts
i looked into this and both arms have the same part #..and i made a single shock bronco into a duel shock once..its no big deal

·
Registered
251 Posts
They also sell dual shock mounts if all else fails. I know some mid 80's bko's had them. Mine came stock with dual shocks.

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
i did it to my 79, no biggie. hardest part is the forward upper shock mount for the passenger side(?) i had to get that from canada. try JobRite, is that the place? or look in the parts thread, there are several people parting stuff now. the behind the axle upper mount is the same & will work on either side. the caps interchange, its all the same stuff.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts