Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was recently repairing the window on my 79 bronco and had a crazy thought. I havent done any research but am thinking about trying this. Why not make the back window a hatch instead of the roll up style, similar to what chevy did on the early blazers? Or instead of power roll up make it a manual. Just wondered what Y'all thought of this.

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
first of all your are compairing it with a chevy, and thats just not right. but besides that why go through all of the trouble to do that when the roll up window is actually so much better than what chevy had and would probably not work as well as it sounds. you would have to reinforce the whole ting and find the right hydraulics plus probably change the windo glass all together so it doesnt shatter the first time yo try it.

·
Age. Fac ut gaudeam
3,881 Posts
Well, no rolling the window down on hot days.

Um, you would have to form a strong hinge system on the top, then you would want hydraulics strong enough to lift it but not break it, and then you would have to swap the glass. I would pair it with a 70s era F100/F150 tailgate and keep the Bronco tailgate as a spare.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts