Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all, does anyone have decent carpet for a classic Bronco they don't need no more? I'm looking for one for my '78 F-150, so I guess I don't care for the rear part of the carpet, just what's under the driver and passenger's feet and seats. Color don't really matter, I'd prefer it to be black or red or grey so I can match it to the rest of the interior, but it ain't all that important - I just need something cheap and in okay shape so I can cover my bare metal floor to silence some of the engine noise and keep more heat in the cab. I'm Southfield, which is just north of Detroit. Thanks!

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just trying to save money man, $95 is right about my gas for a month and a half, I already dumped way more that planned in this truck :(

·
Formerly vt89gtvert
2,425 Posts
Unless someone lives right beside you then you will lose any deal you could make in shipping. And if $95 is out of your range then mihgt be best if you sell the truck. When getting into a new project, a rule of thumb is. Figure out your budget, and then multiply it by 6 or so.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unless someone lives right beside you then you will lose any deal you could make in shipping.
Agreed 100%, but the only way to figure out if there is someone like that is to ask, right?

And if $95 is out of your range then mihgt be best if you sell the truck.
Well if it was a part I needed for the truck (such as the new carb I bought like two weeks ago) then by all means I'd find a way to afford it, but tis something I want, not something I need, and as such has a fairly low priority in my monthly budget. My truck runs just fine without carpet, it was just that if someone local has a carpet they no longer need and that I can use it could work out nice for both of us. As for the 6x rule - it may be the case with serious builds like many of y'all got, but for a cheap daily driver? Let's say I got like $500 saved up for potential fixes and such, that means I gotta be prepared to shell out 3k - for that much money I could straigh-up get me a truck that would run like a charm and not need nothing for years to come! Anyhow, you get the point, not trying to pick fights or anything...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts