Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Super Moderator
24,680 Posts

·
Super Moderator
24,680 Posts
does anybody know what the load control valve does? second set of pics I think. my old carb had a port on the back for it, but the new one does not. can I plug it?
Yo ROSSI.
Vacuum Vent Control Valve (LCV in some Vacuum Diagrams:, Also called the Load Control Valve (LCV);
D7TZ-9H301-A .. "T/E (Thermactor Emission-smog pump) Vacuum Vent Control Valve Assy" / Marked: D7TE-9H301-AA or D8TE-9H301-AA / Obsolete
http://www.rearcounter.com/D7TZ-9H301-A-parts75707.html

Applications: 1977/79 F100/350 & 1978/79 Bronco.
NOS Only
414 Umbarger Rd #E
San Jose, California 95111
800) 667-6659

--
Call Green Sales @ 1-800-543-4959 for current availability and pricing on Ford and Lincoln Mercury Parts
PART #: D7TZ9H301A
Description: . Alternate #: D7TZ-9H301-A, D7TZ*9H301*A

No other FoMoCo Dealer or obsolete parts vendor has any.

EGR SYSTEM WOT (WIDE OPEN THROTTLE) LOAD CONTROL VALVE

Some EGR systems feature a load control valve that closes the EGR valve when the engine requires maximum power at or near wide open throttle.

The valve is installed in vacuum line between the ported vacuum connection on the carburetor & EGR valve; vacuum line from carburetor venturi vacuum tap is connected to the top part on the WOT valve and provides control for the valve. When venturi vacuum is at a predetermined level near wide open throttle, it is strong enough to overcome the calibration spring pressure and unseat the diaphragm valve, diverting EGR source vacuum to the atmosphere and causing the EGR valve to close. Normal EGR flow is resumed when there is a reduction in engine load from the wide open throttle condition.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Need help finding TVV in vacuum diagram

Can't find an image of this part on the vacuum diagram; looks like it is in the far back of engine. Identified as thermostatic vacuum valve, but not sure what it looks like. Also Dual DV? Thanks

·
The Original FullSize
867 Posts
I did a search first, that being said does anyone have the lenght and diameter for complete line replacement(78-351) info like the dress up kit including the long modulator line? I have seen it for later models in another thread. No flaming if you have the link that would be appreciated and I will gladly share pics when im done.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Yo ROSSI.
Vacuum Vent Control Valve (LCV in some Vacuum Diagrams:, Also called the Load Control Valve (LCV);
D7TZ-9H301-A .. "T/E (Thermactor Emission-smog pump) Vacuum Vent Control Valve Assy" / Marked: D7TE-9H301-AA or D8TE-9H301-AA / Obsolete
http://www.rearcounter.com/D7TZ-9H301-A-parts75707.html

Applications: 1977/79 F100/350 & 1978/79 Bronco.
NOS Only
414 Umbarger Rd #E
San Jose, California 95111
800) 667-6659

--
Call Green Sales @ 1-800-543-4959 for current availability and pricing on Ford and Lincoln Mercury Parts
PART #: D7TZ9H301A
Description: . Alternate #: D7TZ-9H301-A, D7TZ*9H301*A

No other FoMoCo Dealer or obsolete parts vendor has any.

EGR SYSTEM WOT (WIDE OPEN THROTTLE) LOAD CONTROL VALVE

Some EGR systems feature a load control valve that closes the EGR valve when the engine requires maximum power at or near wide open throttle.

The valve is installed in vacuum line between the ported vacuum connection on the carburetor & EGR valve; vacuum line from carburetor venturi vacuum tap is connected to the top part on the WOT valve and provides control for the valve. When venturi vacuum is at a predetermined level near wide open throttle, it is strong enough to overcome the calibration spring pressure and unseat the diaphragm valve, diverting EGR source vacuum to the atmosphere and causing the EGR valve to close. Normal EGR flow is resumed when there is a reduction in engine load from the wide open throttle condition.
Hey thanks miesk5! For some reason all my thread notifications were not showing up in the email. Just noticed. I bypassed the LCV and plummed straight to the egr since i didnt have the correct lcv port on my remaned carb... I am not sure what effect it has at WOT, but it seems to run just fine. It is so vague as to whether or not they are required, but you cant help but think having the EGR turn off at WOT is a good thing. Oh well.

I may be removing all of the smog stuff now anyway. I do not have to smog here unless I am going to sell.

I did a search first, that being said does anyone have the lenght and diameter for complete line replacement(78-351) info like the dress up kit including the long modulator line? I have seen it for later models in another thread. No flaming if you have the link that would be appreciated and I will gladly share pics when im done.
Fox005

If you need something specific I could go out and measure it for ya. Let me know......Got family in GV. You know Chris Barrett?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I got slammed this year by the AZ Emission guys. I guess the tech was brain-dead or poorly trained last year 'cause I passed without any Thermactor AIR equipment. They've upgraded the training and slammed me this year.

The AZ emissions Technician at the Waiver Station gave me this number of a guy in Fresno. He has complete kits for AIR and evaporative emissions parts.

1-800-544-4357

woolf

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
You have any pics of the hoses that hook up to the PCV, crankcase filter, and air cleaner. I'm trying to figure out where my crankcase filter hose hooks up. I have an elbow on my passenger side valve cover but can't figure out how to connect it to the air cleaner. My PCV is in the oil filler/breather on the driver's side and it has a hose hooked to the base of the carb. Any pics would be helpful, thanks.

Here is a shot of my engine and where mine are:

·
Registered
416 Posts
You have any pics of the hoses that hook up to the PCV, crankcase filter, and air cleaner. I'm trying to figure out where my crankcase filter hose hooks up. I have an elbow on my passenger side valve cover but can't figure out how to connect it to the air cleaner. My PCV is in the oil filler/breather on the driver's side and it has a hose hooked to the base of the carb. Any pics would be helpful, thanks.

Best pic I have of the pcb inlet on the back/base of my old carb. See the little hole there? More pics at my supermotors account under motor rebuild. Cheers.:beer

·
How did I get 6 Rigs??
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Drawing of Vacuum hoses 1979 400/C6/AC

I figured I would try and make this something that an "average" person could understand. Dealing with the California smog police and the cost of failing a smog test is the pits.

I have a 1979 F-250 4x4 and a 1979 Bronco, both with a 400/C6/with AC. I followed the vacuum hoses on both of them and they were the same. I made a sketch of one, because the vehicles are at different locations and I wanted to be able to confirm that they were indeed the same. Here are my sketches with some added notes. Sorry for the line down the middle, my scanner has a bug in it. I hope they help....

·
How did I get 6 Rigs??
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I want to confirm one thing on the Motorcraft 2150. The EGR is connected to the port on the back side of the carb, on the driver's side. My question is, what type of vacuum does this pull? I hooked up a vac gauge, and I didnt get any vacuum. I would guess that ths would be ported, and would have vacuum increase as the engine rev's higher.

I assume that this is the correct port, but what other port could I hook it to?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Time to revive this thread. Anyone in CA have a concours correct fully smog legal eng

Time to revive this thread. Who and I know that there are a few out there in CA who have a fully restored smog legal or all original engine bay. What would it take to have you post a detailed picture spread of what's what on your smog laden baby? Pictures are worth volumes and it is sometimes easier to just copy what's blatantly in front of you especially if you are diagram illiterate like me. I have a CA F250 2wd 460/c6 combo A/C Holley 4bbl stock carb. PO died and so in law tired to revive my baby. Could not get the original carb to work so he swapped in a no smog edelbrock carb. Barely starts and has most lines disconnected so i would love to SEE what goes where. Any help would be sweet. I have the Clymer repair manual and it sucks.

·
Registered
853 Posts
LOL.. I am so freaking close. I have 2 vacuum lines that I don't know where they go, then I will have a complete Ca smog legal full on 77 F250. I have searched and searched. I found where one goes, then I just found another one today...Have NO idea where it goes, and the other one is coming off the back of the carb. It was capped off. I just rebuilt my carb and found it when I got the carb off. If I could get my camera that far down on the back, I could take a picture. The other one I just found today is really long and thick. It attaches to the purge canister, but there is no where for it to go on the upper side.

I will try and get pictures. This thread has helped a lot to make sure I have everything in its correct place.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.