Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would the axles (9", D44) from a '78 go for these days? Both locked, 4.10/lockrite rear, 4.09/quicklok front, 4 pinion carrier in the 9". Just trying to get an idea.......

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Crazed said:
I'll trade you a d44 ttb geared 4.56, and a 8.8 with a LS geared 4.56.:shrug
I pm'd you, figured I'd give you first crack at them, presumabely for the '79. I'm trying to raise money to buy Jim's 44HD :thumbup :thumbup

·
gone fish'n
23,564 Posts
$400 for both.

Not trying to put it down but the lockers are not very good. 4.10's are a pretty common ratio.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jopes said:
$400 for both.

Not trying to put it down but the lockers are not very good. 4.10's are a pretty common ratio.
Well, the rear Lock rite has been severely abused for about 2 (?) yrs now. The first rig was a Bronco with a 460 & 38" Swampers, and he had no problem going balls to the wall. Never heard a whimper out of it, it's still going fine. I will at least disagree on that for sure. I'm not sure on the Quick-lok yet, I'll know when I pull the cover.:shrug

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jopes said:
$400 for both.

Which also reminds me, I paid $450 for the 9" from 78bronco460 about 8 mths. ago. So what you're saying is I overpaid? I don't think so, especially since someone else did all the work, all I had to do was drop it in.:drinkbud :drinkbud :drinkbud

·
gone fish'n
23,564 Posts
I got $500 for my complete nine. it had 4.56's with about 700 miles and 2 mild short trips on it. Full detroit locker. I had to wait 3 months before I found someone willing to pay that much. Most did not want to pay more than 300 for it.

·
Well Done Man!
1,621 Posts
shadowcaster said:
Which also reminds me, I paid $450 for the 9" from 78bronco460 about 8 mths. ago. So what you're saying is I overpaid? I don't think so, especially since someone else did all the work, all I had to do was drop it in.:drinkbud :drinkbud :drinkbud
Sadly yes.
I just got a 9 inch with 4:10'a and a trashloc from the Pick and pull, 25$ :(
I would expect 300 for the front and about 200-300 for the rear

1 - 9 of 9 Posts