Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2-78 bronco,s-I is a ranger xlt and one is a custom-It has original 4 speed and I put a 390 in it
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 78 Bronco custom and a Rangert xlt. Neither dash--near the windshield .In the center where it shows a speaker should be. Neither one has speakers in them and from the looks of ot. Their is no room for one. I have them in the door. Did these broncos and trucks have radio speakers under the dash?.Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2-78 bronco,s-I is a ranger xlt and one is a custom-It has original 4 speed and I put a 390 in it
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes was a option . In dash .
Thanks Ford man. I guess it must be a real flat one and looks like I,ll keep looking and remover some things to get one put in.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Ford man. I guess it must be a real flat one and looks like I,ll keep looking and remover some things to get one put in.
I found one on Mac,s. For $29.00. I ,ll order one and HOPE it fits. I bought 2 and they were too THICK.because of the stuff below it.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Yeah mine has one but from what I can see through the windshield it's all torn up. Let me know what model/size you end up getting for it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
6,559 Posts
Was your a lower level trim like a Custom? Mine has the center one too, or rather something that resembles a speaker there still.
My thinking is that it was the 1 speaker for the the less optioned trucks. The Upper trim levels getting door speakers and such too.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
11,469 Posts
This option ran all the way through 86. It was the speaker for mono sound base models. You either got that single speaker, or speakers in the doors.

66-77 broncos used a speaker mounting flush behind the dash, and projected rearwards. Maybe that speaker would fit too.

Thinking about it, since my 85 has been converted to door speakers, maybe I should hide my external CB speaker in there...

·
Registered
270 Posts
This option ran all the way through 86. It was the speaker for mono sound base models. You either got that single speaker, or speakers in the doors.

66-77 broncos used a speaker mounting flush behind the dash, and projected rearwards. Maybe that speaker would fit too.

Thinking about it, since my 85 has been converted to door speakers, maybe I should hide my external CB speaker in there...
Uhm well I have both the dash speaker and door speaks though? All original..

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
11,469 Posts
Uhm well I have both the dash speaker and door speaks though? All original..

I would bet that someone converted it to stereo very early on and left the center speaker. But I could always be wrong. Wouldnt be the first time. Or the last.

My 100% original 78 f150 ranger doesnt even have the dash speaker.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts