Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i am thinking about buying this 78 bronco with california emissions on it, what would i need to destroy and hide so the emissions department of alaska doesnt know it was a california bronco? i know the obvious like pump, headers and other hardware like that related to cqali emissions package, but what can tell them its a cali?

ray

·
Banned
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
vin decode

what are the vin engine codes? far as i know there wasent one for cali emissions, just for different size engines. S for the 6.6 400 2 barel and H for the 5.8 351 M 2 barel, those are the only ones i thought existed.

Ray

anyone have a link to a 78 bronco vin decoder?

·
Banned
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
picture of component

here is a picture of the pump and the air line that goesinto the intake manifold. the engine code for the vin is S

Ray

·
Premium Member
23,563 Posts
find a federal valve cover, then the only thing you need is a working EGR system.

·
Banned
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sounds good

ya i think that is the route i am going to take checking ebay now, unless i can find a repro federal sticker to put on chrome covers.

Ray

·
Banned
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok i got the thing

well ya semms like a decent one to fix up anyhow, ordered a new federal sticker from JBGraveyard so i will be tearing the pump off it soon and going down for a im test!!! wee cant wait... just gotta figure out what size plug to put in the intake where that big airpump line goes in! then to cover it with a blob of greese!!

ray

·
Chaos is coming!!
515 Posts
I think you will need a 1/2" plug. But use the one you need a socket wrench extension to put in. (Square drive) It will be easier to hide.

·
Banned
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
77.5 f250

well i need to see what my 77.5 f250 has on it for a plug... gonna go inspect it this weekend.

Ray

1 - 11 of 11 Posts