Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been awhile since I've been on FSB. I been playing with the toyota I recently traded for . Let's just say that was short lived. Anyways I have a complete 78 bronco frame , it already had a 4 inch lift . I'm looking into building it. My question is though what would be a good body to swap over? I'm either considering a newer f150 cab or a ranger. I would go with a 78-79 bronco but I can't find any in my area. I have the motor and transmission . I'm going with a fairly stock 351w an a zf5 or c6. My tire size will not exceed 38s.

·
Premium Member
3,696 Posts
Interesting opportunity! Lot's of possibilities each with varying amounts of work and fabrication involved. You can find build threads on here for a Scout, early Bronco and Jeepster, IIRC. F-searies cab has been done several times. I've seen a Ranger cab on an EB chassis. An F-series regular cab would probably be the closest you'll find to a bolt-on.

You mentioned a newer F150, but how about going older? There is also a thread here on a bump side Bronco build which is cool. But how about an early 50's cab? Or a 65-66? They would look good with a shortened step side bed or a short flatbed.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had a 78 bronco with a 73 f150 cab before. Also I can't find any in my area that aren't rusty.

·
House of Windsor 4ever!
10,513 Posts
What about an extra-short van? No sliding side door (isn't there a side barn door option for the '74-and older Econoline body?) and you have enough room to put a bed behind the front seats for camping purposes.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm was thinking either a ranger body or 87-96 fseries body . Like I said a lot of the stuff is figured out. I know it will be small block an propane.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well , we was out at the local offroad park today. I ran into a guy who said he has a 94 f150 4.9 5 speed 2wd, for 500 bucks. I'm going to buy it this week an start on my project. I think with the money I'm goin to save with keeping the stock motor I will bus some duff arms .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts