Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,936 Posts
Yo pops,
78 Bronco Hood Latch parts break-out diagrams by Ford via member Indybronco (Lula Mae)
See the stabilizer brackets in first diagram.

·
Registered
231 Posts
yeah the diagram shows it clearly, I can snag a pic from my truck later today if you want one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
78 Custom 351M NP435 NP205 Sniper EFI Hedman Headers Magnaflow Muffler 4.56 Gears Grizzly lockers
1,211 Posts
It's a 78/79 only piece. The F-series trucks and the Broncos both have them. The part that attaches to the cowl is riveted on and the part on the hood is bolted on.

I had a guy over on the ford truck forums wanting one, so I grabbed a set off a 78 Bronco in the JY a couple years ago. He ghosted me on that after I got it of course, so I'm pretty sure I still have it, but it's buried in my back room and I have zero desire to go dig it out at the moment. If you can't locate another one I'll eventually get to the one I have.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's a 78/79 only piece. The F-series trucks and the Broncos both have them. The part that attaches to the cowl is riveted on and the part on the hood is bolted on.

I had a guy over on the ford truck forums wanting one, so I grabbed a set off a 78 Bronco in the JY a couple years ago. He ghosted me on that after I got it of course, so I'm pretty sure I still have it, but it's buried in my back room and I have zero desire to go dig it out at the moment. If you can't locate another one I'll eventually get to the one I have.
Doosenberry,
Thank you for letting me know. I have been trying to get the part that mounts on the hood for a few months now with no luck. I would be very grateful if one day you dig it out and let me know.

·
Registered
78 Custom 351M NP435 NP205 Sniper EFI Hedman Headers Magnaflow Muffler 4.56 Gears Grizzly lockers
1,211 Posts
Doosenberry,
Thank you for letting me know. I have been trying to get the part that mounts on the hood for a few months now with no luck. I would be very grateful if one day you dig it out and let me know.
If I can't find it in my stash I'll see if I can find one at the JY the next time I go. Right now there are a few 78/79 trucks and Broncos and odds are one of them has it. I don't think it's a very sought after item.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts