Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
1978 Ford Bronco Custom
Discussion Starter #1
The original paint is that Cinnamon Glow color. Not the best color in my opinion but If i was to pay for a nice paint job, id bring it back to the factory color. That being said what are yalls opinions of Raptor Liner, Plasti Dip, or Vinyl Wraps?

I figure Plasti Dip and Vinyl Wrap I can remove whenever, so i can do what ever color i want. I also feel like Raptor Liner gives it a mean ruggedness that this type of truck should have, but also brings down the value. Doing this will also make it super difficult to remove if i did want factory paint again.

Thoughts?

Attachments

Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
Raptor RootBeer

Registered
I'm in the same situation, the rattle can special currently on mine aint cutting it and I've been considering alternatives. Vinyl wrap is easier to remove than plasti dip. Pretty sure bed liner is next to impossible to remove

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
1978 Ford Bronco Custom
Discussion Starter #4
Just an update. Ive decided to go with a raptor liner 2 tone. I plan on keeping the classic pattern but with non-stock colors. All black with the brown nectarine down the side. This way, all the door jams and trim will still match. What do yall think?

Super Moderator
Yo T,
"...This way, all the door jams and trim will still match..."
Good! Visually appealing.

Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
Hmmm... black and brown. Kinda like a skid-mark? j/k
I'd have to see the shade of brown and the scheme before I'd make that call but it's your rig and your call. Lots of folks thought my "Stoned Bronco" paint-job looked like crap but I dug it and that's what counts.

Registered
1979 Custom, 6.6L Auto
Should be cool when done, nice to not have to worry about brush and whatnot, but did not see in your list, a regular paint job.., why was that option out the window?

Registered
1978 Ford Bronco Custom
Discussion Starter #8
Should be cool when done, nice to not have to worry about brush and whatnot, but did not see in your list, a regular paint job.., why was that option out the window?
Cost primarily. If i was to paint it properly, id want to take it back to factory colors.

Driving Stuff Henry Built
-90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35s. -73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
Important safety information for anyone applying bedliner. Semper hootus excludus.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts