Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
I saw this somewhere but didn't take the time to read it. That would be an awesome way to see the country though.

·
Premium Member
1,505 Posts
I drove 4234 miles from Herndon, VA to Wasilla, Ak for Fourwheel and Offroad's Ultimate Adventure his past August.

We did it in 5 days/4 nights. Drove straight through on first and last nights.

38" tires with a C6. 400 with fuel injection. Loaded with all kinds of spares, tools and equipment for a week of heavy duty off road. I would bet we were at 7000lbs. Averaged 7mpg.

Views were amazing, but we had a strict timeline and we were leaving way late in the game as it was.

On the way back, we drove ~2500 miles to Spokane, Wa and then I had it shipped the rest of the way as I needed to get home for work.

Only mechanical issue was an alternator went out on the way back - had a brand new spare.

You will drive for 4-5 hours in some places without cell coverage and you will drive for stretches over 500 miles between parts stores.

My pictures are on instagram @broncotime and there is a lot of good content on fourwheeler.com

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Must be nice having summit foot the bill for everything... Makes adventures like this a lot easier...

·
Super Moderator
14,526 Posts
Saw that posted on facepage..quite an adventure..and @BroncMom you're right, I'm sure having that summit safety net was really nice.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
If we could all be lucky enough to get summit to back our builds there'd be a whole lot of happy bronco enthusiasts out there but alas... Us mere mortals must pay dearly...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts