Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
'78 Bronco 351 Custom (manual) & '95 Bronco 351 5.8L (manual)
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been looking around without much luck...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Are most of you guys going with a Holley 2b?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Where to get a carburetor? Summit Racing, Jegs, NAPA, Ford Racing (?), 4Wheel Parts, all for new aftermarket carburetors. For OEM remanufactured any part store or Rock Auto.
Ok - so the shop quoted me 600-700 for the carb and 500-600 labor... I am assuming its 2b, but I just can't find any reason why is would be so expensive... Was looking at graveyard and few other places that didn't list them. Based on that and your response, the 78 carb can pretty much be picked up anywhere... nothing specific to the year?

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
8,258 Posts
for 1200 you would be close to putting TBI style EFI on it (like a Sniper). I dont think that shop actually wants to do the work. Should be 300ish for a carb, maybe 2 hours of labor if also re-timed the engine and did some performance verification. EDIT I maybe a bit off on the 300 for carb...

You will just want to make sure the flange style on your intake matches that of the carb you get. You also want to keep any throttle mounting items from your old one, as you may need them on the new one.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Ok - so the shop quoted me 600-700 for the carb and 500-600 labor... I am assuming its 2b, but I just can't find any reason why is would be so expensive... Was looking at graveyard and few other places that didn't list them. Based on that and your response, the 78 carb can pretty much be picked up anywhere... nothing specific to the year?
No, there isn’t anything special about it… price for the carb is spot on… labor sounds high… it’s an easy 1 hour job… disconnect linkages, unhook vacuum lines, disconnect fuel line, unbolt the carb and swap… hook everything up in reverse order, turn the adjustment screws all the way in and back them out 2 1/4 turns, pour 1/2 cup of fuel into the carburetor throat, and start the engine.

·
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
18,059 Posts
I have a few various 2 bbl carbs from M block and Windsor engines. One is a nearly brand new imported copy of the MC2150. The others would need rebuilt. Im in KS so shipping to TN would be reasonable. Let me know in a private conversation if this interests you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts