Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The new toy has finally hit the road. Actually picked this up about 1.5 years ago. Bought it from the original owner.

Specs: 78 F150 Supercab, 138K original miles, 400, C6, 205, working AC and a complete set of shop manuals.

New stuff:

Motor and tranny have just about 200 miles on a complete rebuild.
Driveshafts were rebuilt and balanced
Rear end has new bearings, seal, etc.
Front axle has new Ujoints, ball joints, bearings, rotors, calipers, brakes, TRE's, drag link, tie rod and warn hubs
New shocks all around and new front leaf springs
Slapped on an extra set of 33" MTR's.

Getting rid of the camper shell so if anyone is interested it will be free to anyone that wants to pick it up.

Starting to search for a step side bed from 78. It think a SC with a step side bed would be right about perfect length and WB for what I want and like.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
davids78bronco said:
Nice truck! and with the old dog dish hubcaps, too :thumbup Finding a LB stepside bed isn't going to be easy
Nope, looking for a short bed. I want to shorten this truck. Foot or two off the wheel base will be just about perfect for what I want.

·
Registered
13,896 Posts
Heh, that isn't going to be the easiest project either, but I like your motivation! :twotu:

And, be sure to document the progress of that, too

·
Pissin' into the wind
2,523 Posts
How many different vehicles do you have mda? Don't you have another two Bronco's as well? I know the black Bronk, but for some reason I thought you have a 78-79 Bronk as well.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Burl Swift said:
How many different vehicles do you have mda? Don't you have another two Bronco's as well? I know the black Bronk, but for some reason I thought you have a 78-79 Bronk as well.
The 92 was sold to my son. I have now:

78 F150
79 Bronco
85 Toyota 4Runner
01 GMC Dmax Dually
03 Caddy CTS (company car)

Going to sell the 79 Bronco. I'm slowly rebuilding the Runner. The bad part about being affiliated with auto auctions is that you see all these trucks for cheap. Sometimes I can't help myself.:toothless

·
FSB's Resident A$$HOLE
2,644 Posts
there is a guy here in texas with a stepside bed that i know of. he is taking it off his truck as he got a wide bed (short) that was in real good shape for cheaper than he coulda replaced the wood in the stepside in. as far as i know all it needs is the wood.

heres a link to the thread that was talkin bout it, didnt know if you would be interested, but thought id mention it

http://www.texas4x4.org/showthread.php?t=8253

wes

1 - 11 of 11 Posts