Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

78 front wheel bearings

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  cave12man 
#1 ·
Hey all, wondering if anyone has experience with replacing the front wheel bearings? Recently realized I had to replace the front lockers, but in doing so also realized the front bearings needed replacement as well. However, I can’t figure out which one they take. Any ideas?

#3 ·
As long as the old bearings aren’t pitted or damaged in some way, I would just clean and re-pack them.
If you do need to replace them instead of just clean and grease them, your Timken part numbers are SET37 and SET45. Plus you will need a 4250 seal. BroncoGraceyard sells and full bearing and seal kit

If you are going that far, it isn’t much more work to pull the spindle off and look and the bearing inside there. They will just be a needle bearing that supports the axle shaft. Make sure they look okay, maybe put a little fresh grease on them. If they are bad, I prefer going back with nylon bushing style replacements like these

Are you familiar with the spindle nut and locking washer arrangement on these trucks? It’s easy once you have done it, but it is also easy to screw up if you don’t know how to put them together

#4 ·
Wow apologies, I honestly forgot I had put this up here! Appreciate the info, I might just go ahead and grab that and be done with it. Taking it to a shop to get done, and they've asked me to provide my own parts since they were having trouble sourcing the correct ones. I'll also ask if they're familiar with the other things you mentioned. There aren't many shops around me that specialize in this sort of work, so fingers crossed.

Thanks again!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.