Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will wheels that are 15x7.5 5x5.5 OEM 80-96 (at least that is how the come up on eBay) work? No one seems to list backspacing or any of the things new wheels seem to take into account. So maybe it really doesn't matter? I really just need some simple wheels to put some tires on. For whatever reason the truck has some badly rusted 16.5" wagon wheels and some 14 year old dry rotted wrong sized tires. It was used as a farm truck.

Some thing simple like an affirmative that any 15" wheel that came on an F150 from 73-96 or any oem 15" 5x5.5 would be a great answer. worst case I end up with new 8 spoke wheels, it's just more than I want to spend on wheels that won't be the ones for the longer term.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Something is a little off so I have to ask. Are the current rusty wheels 16.5" x5 x 5.5" They did make these, but are not all that common to see anymore. Just wanting to make sure you actually have a 5x5.5" lug pattern and not a 8 lug. A stock 78 has the same wheel pattern as an 80-96. If I remember right for most tires up to 33"x11.5" a 3 1/2-4 1/2" backspacing is fine.
Swamp

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It does in fact have 16.5" x5 x 5.5" wheels, it has not been on the road in 15 years, not sure why anything was decided by the previous 2 owners. Just trying to save one from the crusher at this point. Thanks for your response.

I am seeing these a lot and even locally with no shipping charges. So maybe these will solve the issue.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/15-OEM-Ford-F150-Polished-Wheels-Rims-factory-Bronco-1701-80-96-/111561898602?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Wheels&hash=item19f99b7a6a&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/15-OEM-Ford-F150-Chrome-Wheels-Rims-factory-Bronco-3026-80-96-Kuntz-/361170334084?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Wheels&hash=item54176df184&vxp=mtr

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
7,069 Posts
Agree with the above

However at the ebay prices for those you could buy a set of black steelies in about any size you want.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Those would work, but seems a little expensive for wheels you aren't even sure you'll keep.
Have you tried craigslist? Hell, you can get brand new steelies for well south of 2 bills.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
dodge trucks and full size vans in the 80's I believe also used same bolt pattern wheels

ford trucks from 60's up used same pattern

where you from, maybe someone close by can help you out

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Those would work, but seems a little expensive for wheels you aren't even sure you'll keep.
Have you tried craigslist? Hell, you can get brand new steelies for well south of 2 bills.
Craigslist in the DC area seems pretty thin on options. I think I found some of the steelies on ebay in sets of 4 with free shipping thanks.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hello im not too sure how to post a issue on this site but i have one and am looking for some help. i have a 1990 bronco 5.0 e40d eddie bauer. the other day i put a new battery in it and then went to go fix my neutral safty switch becauce i have had problems in the past with it. i accidentily touch wires together from the switch with the battery still connected and saw some sparks. now the truck barly starts and when it does as soon as you hit the gas it stalls out. there is a check engine light on and the codes i pulled were 22,67,,53,54,56,35. now i know 67 is for the mlp switch. im going crazy trying to figure out what i did wrong. anyone have any ideas????
On this page there is a New Thread button.
http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21

1 - 12 of 12 Posts