Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Super Moderator
24,182 Posts
I’m up camping right now and have super limited reception. Every time I went to post it said “Error, could not post.” So you all can see how many times I tried to post haha.

Ummmm @miesk5 can you help me clean up the posts a bit? Please?!
Yo T,
Done. I and others have same issue.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #63 (Edited)
Alright so a bit has happened since my last update.

First of all I had the pleasure of meeting Mr. @El Kabong to sell my old transmission and motor to. We even got a little wrenching together to remove the trans crossmember he needed! Social distancing was practiced haha.

Also I did rent that Heavy Duty Puller from Autozone and it took the Pitman Arm off smooth as butter. Highly recommend. The frame I had bought also has a steering gear so I pulled that one too while I had it and it’s a drop style already. Makes me feel better about buying the frame in the first place since I was going to buy one anyway!

Looks to be a Rough Country brand based on the 6602 stamped on it. Looking forward to cleaning up my steering geometry.

@El Kabong had a good point about the frame, I don’t have a title for it! So I decided to stick with the current frame and I’ll be cleaning it up as I go. Love to hear ideas on the best/most effective ways to clean up the frame without taking the body off.

Just when I was thinking of what to do with the other frame, one of the members of the AZ Bronco Club messaged me that he was bummed his 78s frame had been welded in 6 different spots. He wants to pick it up in a 3 weeks

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #64 (Edited)

After a LOT of zeroing in, I finally sent out the measurements to get some steel cut on the new mount towers. It’s gonna be tight fit getting the cradle pieces welded in however. The amount of space I have is basically EXACTLY what I would need. So I’ll have to be pretty damn precise. I have about a 1/2” to shift around if need be.

·
Registered
78 Custom 351M NP435 NP205 Sniper EFI Hedman Headers Magnaflow Muffler 4.56 Gears Grizzly lockers
1,352 Posts
I had to go back and re-read what engine you were putting in because I was thinking it must be massive if that 1/2" is all the room you have to work with and sure enough, the engine is massive.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
I had to go back and re-read what engine you were putting in because I was thinking it must be massive if that 1/2" is all the room you have to work with and sure enough, the engine is massive.
Yeah that Cummins definitely qualifies as massive imho haha. From most of the swaps I’ve seen there’s only about an inch maybe an inch and a half between the fan and the radiator and that’s with the sixth cylinder pushed all the way against the firewall. So even a half inch one way or another could throw the whole thing off. Definitely a little nervous but I’m sure we’ll make it work.

·
Driving Stuff Henry Built
-90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35s. -73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
7,676 Posts
It was good to meet you too @tkrone8970.

I gotta say, "Yeti" is a fine looking truck. I'm looking forward to what you do with it. And that new slab is a great place to work.

As for that crossmember, I'm sure glad to have it. I see no signs of the original. It might still be hiding under the goodies in the bed, but I don't think so. Thanks again. :thumbup

·
Registered
291 Posts
Alright so a bit has happened since my last update.

First of all I had the pleasure of meeting Mr. @El Kabong to sell my old transmission and motor to. We even got a little wrenching together to remove the trans crossmember he needed! Social distancing was practiced haha.

Also I did rent that Heavy Duty Puller from Autozone and it took the Pitman Arm off smooth as butter. Highly recommend. The frame I had bought also has a steering gear so I pulled that one too while I had it and it’s a drop style already. Makes me feel better about buying the frame in the first place since I was going to buy one anyway!

Looks to be a Rough Country brand based on the 6602 stamped on it. Looking forward to cleaning up my steering geometry.

@El Kabong had a good point about the frame, I don’t have a title for it! So I decided to stick with the current frame and I’ll be cleaning it up as I go. Love to hear ideas on the best/most effective ways to clean up the frame without taking the body off.

Just when I was thinking of what to do with the other frame, one of the members of the AZ Bronco Club messaged me that he was bummed his 78s frame had been welded in 6 different spots. He wants to pick it up in a 3 weeks
For the other frame just get a title bond on it its super easy and costs $100 online. You get a real title after 3 years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
nice bronco. The interior looks great, I have been to the dark ends of the internet looking for a blue interior for my 79 bronco and have yet to find anything. Great find.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
For the other frame just get a title bond on it its super easy and costs $100 online. You get a real title after 3 years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah that’s a good point. I’ve had to do that for a trailer before. If the guy doesn’t end up buying it I likely will.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
nice bronco. The interior looks great, I have been to the dark ends of the internet looking for a blue interior for my 79 bronco and have yet to find anything. Great find.
Thank you! It is very solid, but I’ll tell ya I’m not a huge fan of the brown color scheme. I’ve been slowly amassing parts to swap over to black when I get to that point.

Yeah now that you mention it I’ve rarely if ever seen blue in the 78-79s. I’ll keep an eye out for ya when I hit the junkyards, etc.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Spent some money on some parts I thought I’d share.

Got some goodies from @NickOllie a couple days ago.

Picked up the radio bezel (mine has been cut to shreds), speedometer cable(mine was getting super bouncy), a pair of rear black arm-rests (for my eventual interior change) and a wiring harness. I didn’t necessarily NEED the harness but was interested in chasing down grounds and seeing how everything wires up.

Picked the original Dodge motor mounts that I’ll need from a guy on Facebook. These are what will be sitting inside the cradle towers I’ve been mocking up.

Also got some smaller parts I’ll need from RockAuto. Picked up a pre-bled master and slave assembly as well as a transmission mount and new poly bushings for the mounts

Got a call from the machine shop on Friday and we had all spaced on the fact they’d need my connecting rods to do my pistons and crank assembly So I took those down and got a peak of my engine block. Machine work looks great. They think they’ll have it ready on Monday or Tuesday now.

Lastly I’ll share something I think only you guys here at FSB could appreciate. I printed out my build plans on some waterproof paper. If you didn’t know how OCD I am, well there ya go haha.

61 - 72 of 72 Posts