Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just rescued a 78. It’s pretty much rust free but had a hard life. Pictures to come. Got her off the trailer last night. Got her from a guy doing a lot of shortcuts, but she will make a good one to go with my 79.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

Here are a few pictures of what I’m starting with. I’m not too sure about this digital instrument cluster think I like analog.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I’m not sure I like that digital cluster. If someone has an analog that works I may trade

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I know why it was shifting hard. Vacuum line was not connected

·
Resident Nice Guy
2,359 Posts
Yeah I’m not sure I like that digital cluster. If someone has an analog that works I may trade
I'm pretty sure I've still got a rebuilt 4 gauge analog down in the basement. I'd be interested in trading if you're up for it.

Reactions: NotaVegetarian

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm pretty sure I've still got a rebuilt 4 gauge analog down in the basement. I'd be interested in trading if you're up for it.
We can talk it will be about 3 weeks before I get back

Reactions: schwim

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
While we are home schooling grandkids I’m working on plans for custom bumpers. Want to pull these clean chrome ones. Have an ideas on a custom grill too. The kids dubbed it “Woody” for some reason so that’s it’s new name. JR and Sam said it should have tiger stripes. That’s a maybe..

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow I’m finally back and rains everyday. My shop is full so have to work on some projects outside. Have ideas for a new winch bumper. I’m going to pull these nice chrome ones. Will use some 1 3/4” and 1 1/2” tubing. Add a little flat plate it will be awesome. For the rear will add a receiver hitch. The truck crane has arrived so will be reinforcing a place in the floor for mounting. It will rest over the passenger side rear wheel well so it will be out of the way when stored.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A couple of rain free days. About to get start stripping all this nice new chrome off ole woody. Have an old grill and front clip in the shop. Thinking of incorporating some additional protection into the grill. What y’all think? Here a pic it will be black when I get finished with this grill insert. Will cover it with bedliner. This is just a mock up to get an idea of the look

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Have the interior all stripped out and started cleaning doesn’t look too bad. Now get it all cleaned and ready for primer..

Reactions: simrokkzz

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The last owner had stripped the bolts holding the seat belts down. No worries cut off a couple of bolts and welded them in. They not stuck any more. Yes I do have a good set to replace them with.

·
Registered
10 Posts
While we are home schooling grandkids I’m working on plans for custom bumpers. Want to pull these clean chrome ones. Have an ideas on a custom grill too. The kids dubbed it “Woody” for some reason so that’s it’s new name. JR and Sam said it should have tiger stripes. That’s a maybe..
I'd possibly be interested in the bumpers.

·
Premium Member
3,350 Posts
Looks good so far. Where are you located and do you mind if I ask what you paid. Seems these rust free rigs pop up often enough, but certainly not near me.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The Bronco came out of Texas. It has a little rust around some of the typical places “bottom of the door” nothing I cannot repair fairly easy. It has a bunch of new parts from LMC Trucks on it. New chrome bumpers grill assembly. Have a extra set of original wheels and caps I’m thinking about selling.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Made a template out of cardboard then cut out the center section for the new grill. Still have to make the frame and mounting plates. It’s a start..

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
She’s alive Whoohoo purring great.

Reactions: canuckistan97

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Think I figured out one reason the blinkers are not working. Need to connect this to the other end.

Reactions: simrokkzz

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Spent all day chasing electrical issues. Got the blinkers working but not brake lights. Then got brake lights and lost blinkers. Running lights all work but not flashers. The more I dig into it the bigger mess I find. Remember the basics chase one wire at a time. Under the dash is a mess. Pealed back some of the wraps and found burned wires. That could explain some of the faults so tomorrow’s job is the fix all the burned wires, replace color for color. My buddy was saying just buy a new wiring harness. Let’s see how it goes, if it get worse that may be the way to go.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts