Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Whoohoo my buddy delivered a piece of 6” pipe I going to make a bumper out of. It’s big enough may be able to make two. Sure glad I have a front end loader.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 · (Edited)
Well installed the drivers seat and seat belts getting ready to take her for a test drive. My brother Richard installed All new brakes lines calibers cylinders master cylinder and booster every part is new in the brakes from end to end. Great peddle. My brother Richard is amazing with these jobs

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Ok our two 7 year old grandsons have been helping me design this Bronco. Here is a front bumper layout JR & Sam helped with. Told them the dimensions this is what they came up with. I’m gonna build it.

Reactions: canuckistan97

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Have been off playing with the grandkids, but have the brush guards fabricated and primed need to cut the pipe. Looks like the measurements will change a bit, but that’s custom building. Need finish the layout for the brackets, make some gussets to reinforce the brush guard.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Drove Woody around a bit yesterday testing a few things. Wow is she fast.

yeppers recalibrated the GPS speed sensor. Changed from 16000 ppm to 4000 ppm. That may do it.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
How are you liking the dakota digital gauge
I don’t! This is the 1973-1979 Ford Truck LED Digital Gauge Panel DP1010
I would not recommend this dash. It’s really cheaply made, poor wiring low quality.
It came with the Bronco, the first guy wired it all wrong, broke solder points. Did add the GPS speed sensor as you can see its finicky.
The fuel gauge was working but it could be the sending unit, will ohm it out later today.

·
Registered
8 Posts
NotaVeg, great build! I'd be interested in knowing (got a link?) of where you picked up your wiring harness. Did you use the instructions off this site? I need to do the same!
Mine looks like 40 years of Mickey Mouse club chaos have been soldered, spliced, and bungled under the dash. About the only thing I haven't found is old Christmas lights.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
NotaVeg, great build! I'd be interested in knowing (got a link?) of where you picked up your wiring harness. Did you use the instructions off this site? I need to do the same!
Mine looks like 40 years of Mickey Mouse club chaos have been soldered, spliced, and bungled under the dash. About the only thing I haven't found is old Christmas lights.

All I did was google hotrod wiring harness. Wired up what I needed and cut out the rest. Don’t have AC, or a heater connected. Bought extra relays to cover the headlights and tailgate. Used two relays on the headlights (left side right side) maybe over kill but it has zero parasitic draw. Also purchased extra wire, connectors, led replacement bulbs, new light sockets. Pulled all new wire to everything, but the old stuff was pretty fried. Put the new fuse panel next to the old one, and chased the wires it needed. It was not a quick fix it took me a couple of weeks working daily all day on it. Took my time, one wire at a time.

Wiring harness

https://www.amazon.com/Cheriezing-C...ng+Harness&qid=1623464631&s=automotive&sr=1-5

Everything else is pretty standard

Reactions: Daytona_500

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Brilliant. Thank you sir for the link and explanation and ideas. I'll put it to good use.

Glad it helped. Take your time. Holler if you have any questions or drive on down to the shop.

61 - 71 of 71 Posts