Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
How did I get 6 Rigs??
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I need a copy of the stickers that are under the hood of my 79 351M 4 speed - California Bronco. I need to get it smogged, and the sticker that is under there now is ripped, and I can only see half.

I have done a search, and the only diagrams I can find are from what appear to be non-Calif. vehicles, since the diagrams do not match up with the half that I have. I just want to make sure that all the equipment is there and the hoses are attached correctly.

I have checked the Haynes and Chilton manuals, and all I can find are the 49 state diagrams. None of them for 79 are listed as California.

I have uploaded the files to FSB, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to attach them. I don't have them on this computer, but they are uploaded. Help a brotha out?

EDIT - I found the link to a previous post, where I included the two images of the stickers under the hood.
http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=201251

·
Premium Member
2,215 Posts
Do you need the actual sticker or just a copy to fill in what's missing? The sticker shown in the above link is identicle to mine and that should work for you.

·
How did I get 6 Rigs??
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ziggy - If you could take a good picture of it (or scan it, if it is off of your Bronco) and send it to me, that would be great. I believe that the stickers are different for Auto vs. Manuals with the 351M. The ones that I have found show timing to be 4*BTDC and mine shows 8*BTDC. The only difference I can see is the Auto vs Manual. Here is an example in this link.... http://fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=181162

I appreciate the help!

·
Premium Member
2,215 Posts
My sticker is for the auto as well, do you still want a copy of it? Auto or manual, I would think the vacuum hose routing would be the same for the engine regardless of the tranny.

·
How did I get 6 Rigs??
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah...if it matches the one in my earlier post (the one with the torn sticker), then please send it to me. Very strange...Is your timing 4* or 8*BTDC?

·
Premium Member
2,215 Posts
Don't remember, but because of the cam I have in it, I set my timing 2* above the required timing. Send me a PM with your email address and I'll send you the picture tomorrow.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I read on a forum here somewhere that the CA bronco only existed in 78 due to the different smog requirements of that year, and that 79 on up had the same smog equipment, therefore there is no such thing as a CA specific 79......? Anybody know about this?

·
Premium Member
3,990 Posts
I read on a forum here somewhere that the CA bronco only existed in 78 due to the different smog requirements of that year, and that 79 on up had the same smog equipment, therefore there is no such thing as a CA specific 79......? Anybody know about this?
Not sure about the 2nd Generation 1978 which received standard front disc brakes and a removable top, but the 1979 Bronco also had the addition of standard power steering and emissions equipment in the form of an air pump, vapor canister and catalytic converter.

Both came with a standard 351M or optional 400, along with a standard T-18 4-Speed Manual transmission or an optional C6 3-Speed Automatic tranmission, and a standard full-time chain driven New Process 203 transfer case or an optional part-time gear driven New Process 205 Transfer Case. Not to mention the new removable top and folding rear bench seat.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Best thing for you is to move from CA cause there shit sucks for the bronco. Can you register and tag in another stae?

·
Registered
444 Posts
Been there done that! Moved to TX. With my bronco!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts