Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I have spent the last few months lurking and reading all that I could find. I know this topic has been beat to death but I could not find the answer to a couple of questions.

As the title says I want to take the factory 400 and 4 speed out of my bronco and install a 460 C6 combo from an 88 F350. I have the full truck so anything I need from it is available.

My main question is the cross member for the tranny. Will the 4 speed crossmember work with the C6?

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
1984, 300 L6, smogless, manual 3speed with overdrive.
1,457 Posts
If memory serves me manual and auto are not interchangeable.

·
Registered
75 Posts
It will work. It moves back a few inches. I went from a c6 to a np435
It is a bolt in deal. The adapter between the transmission and T case Change. No drilling No welding. Frame is set up for either trans from the factory

·
Premium Member
1979 Bronco Ranger XLT, 400m engine, C6 trans, D44 front with Dick Cepek manual locking hubs
454 Posts
yes, we had this in another thread some days ago.
a 460 was an option on F250, which may be somehow similiar in frame as the Broncos are.

·
Registered
1978 Bronco Ranger XLT, 400/C6 92 K documented miles &1994 Bronco,XLT 85K original miles
938 Posts
I had a 1970 F350 with a 390. I swapped in a 460 and the holes for the frame perches were in the frame rails. I bought the perches and everything bolted in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts