Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Resident Nice Guy
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there guys,

I've got a sometimes issue with my left brake light not illuminating. I'm looking at the chassis schematic found here and if I'm looking at it right, the brake switch goes into the turn signal switch and from there to the back. What confuses me is that it says at the left tail light, I'd be looking for green then light-blue/blk but while at the T/S switch, I'd be looking for ylw/blk.

Am I reading that corrrectly? If so, what happens between the switch and light that changes the wire? If not, what wire am I looking for between the two?

Thanks for your time!

·
Super Moderator
30,908 Posts
Yo Friend!
Here's the 1979 Bronco/F Series Electrical & Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual by Ford via member Ziggy⚠ @
1979 Ford Bronco Wiring Manual pictures, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net
It shows Electrical component location, operation, troubleshooting, with wiring and vacuum diagrams.
It may be slow to download if you're finding that one website from which you download files operates slower than another, it's likely either because the web server is slower, or another device along the transmission route in the chain linking you to the web server operates slower.

1979 Ford Bronco Wiring Schematics, Connector Pin-outs, etc by Ranger429 @ 79 wiring schematics

·
Joisey don't smell funny
78 Bronco Custom, 460/ZF5, Sniper upgrade, 3G, dual batt
1,546 Posts
Looking at my 78 Wiring schematic cd:
Red/bk stripe comes out of the brake switch and goes to turn signal assembly (1 wire). It comes out of the turn signal assembly as Yellow/bk stripe to the left side rear brake (1 wire), & Right side rear brake is powered by green (1 wire). Parking lights, marker lights, & tag plate lights at the rear are powered by a brown wire direct from the headlight switch.
I had a similar problem a couple years ago, very dim brake light on the left. Came down to changing the socket to fix. It was losing power inside at the brass tab.

Reactions: schwim

·
Registered
1979 Bronco, 460 Police Interceptor 550HP, C6 Rock Crusher, Custom Ford 9", 1 Ton driveshafts!
104 Posts
I also had bad sockets. The lead just completely collapses. And check the ground connection behind the lense. I had that issue on my truck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts