Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone redone a set of 79 captain chairs? I have a set in a bronco I am fixing up to sell and am going to keep them and put them in my 79 daily driver. But the foam is bad and it feels like you are sitting on the floor when sitting in them. Also the arm rest need some attention.

·
Super Moderator
30,671 Posts
Yo 79,

Consider this Rebuild in an 86 Eddie Bauer; "....It gets rid of the toilet feel they get as they age (your @$$ touches the sides, but not the middle). for next to nuthin' and they feel great now. All it cost me was a box full of hog rings and a pair of hog ring pliers, some 1" foam and the special non-melting spray can of foam rubber adhesive.
Cut the hog rings and remove the seat bottom covers. Cut the center piece for foam, then the side bolsters, spray them and the original seat foam, wait 4 minutes and stick em on. After that pull the covers back over and install the new hog rings.While you're in there, tighten all bolts, especially the floor and track to seat bolts. I did this not just cause' Iz cheap, but also because precious few other seats out there are as large or have armrests. Dirt cheap, damned easy and darned effective..."
Source: by Sixlitre

Attachments

·
Registered
1978 Bronco Ranger XLT, 400/C6 92 K documented miles &1994 Bronco,XLT 85K original miles
1,069 Posts
Great info. On the captain's chair subject, does anyone know where to get the seatbelt buckle plastic holder next to the console?

·
Premium Member
7,432 Posts
There are a lot of venders that have kits, blue is the most common. Pretty reasonable on the upholstery, the foam kits are kinda steep usually though but are definetly more comfortable. Seat heaters and inflatable lumbar supports can be added too. BTW Jill said HOWDY.

PS I saw the levers somewhere and the chrome trim on the side too, I think JBG has them. https://shop.broncograveyard.com/Stock-Seats/products/147/

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looks right to me. What I am needing first is the small piece that slides forward to release the seat latch so it will tilt. Mine is broken off on the end. There is also a small cable that is broken. I will get some pictures. I am wanting to get all that stuff working then have them recovered black cloth

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Any one have a picture of the passenger side seat of a captain chair for a 79 bronco . My latch that raises the seat is broke off at the bracket and I was wanting to see what it looked like so I could make one. Thank.s

·
Registered
7 Posts
Has anyone redone a set of 79 captain chairs? I have a set in a bronco I am fixing up to sell and am going to keep them and put them in my 79 daily driver. But the foam is bad and it feels like you are sitting on the floor when sitting in them. Also the arm rest need some attention.
Im looking for set of front captain seats if u know anyone selling some

·
Super Moderator
30,671 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts