Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
78 Custom 351M NP435 NP205 Sniper EFI Hedman Headers Magnaflow Muffler 4.56 Gears Grizzly lockers
1,349 Posts
Hey, I found another intermittent wiper switch setup in the JY yesterday. It isn't pretty, but it indeed works. I swapped it into my Bronco to make sure to test it. You can have it for yours if you want, you'll have intermittent wipers and regular wipers that way. You'll just have to make a cover for the control box as it was missing and it's currently exposed. It came out of a 78 F250. Oh, it also has the wrong knob on it as well, probably from a newer Ford, but I may have an extra one somewhere in my parts stash. I tend to grab the loose knobs that people throw on the floorboards in the JY.

·
Registered
966 Posts
How in the sam hell does a Bronco with a Vermont tag remain rust free???? This one must have been a garage kept beauty queen for decades. It looks better than a few Arizona Broncos I've seen. I would love to see a Carfax on this one... there is no way it spent 30 years that close to Canada!!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Hey, I found another intermittent wiper switch setup in the JY yesterday. It isn't pretty, but it indeed works. I swapped it into my Bronco to make sure to test it. You can have it for yours if you want, you'll have intermittent wipers and regular wipers that way. You'll just have to make a cover for the control box as it was missing and it's currently exposed. It came out of a 78 F250. Oh, it also has the wrong knob on it as well, probably from a newer Ford, but I may have an extra one somewhere in my parts stash. I tend to grab the loose knobs that people throw on the floorboards in the JY.
that does sound pretty! The seller told me the knob was just off, and he put it back on before shipment, but sure intermit wipers will be great.
Send me a PM to talk about the details to get it shipped. I do not want that you lose any money on this.

@ Paul:
I am not really sure about the history of the car, there is some rust at some places in the front part of the roof, but apart from that it really looks clean.

Do you have a chance to get a carfax if I tell you the VIN?

·
Super Moderator
24,166 Posts
Yo @paul rondelli and @simrokkzz
As a reminder, our rules require 75 non-padded posts to be able to buy or sell.
The recent site Upgrade didn't block Rob from posting here.

Rules at ATTN ALL SELLERS: FOR SALE RULES

As a wise BIKER Administrator once advised, "Let's keep it off the open forum and if you want to discuss, then keep it in Private Messages".
"Once it's outside of the For Sale/Where to Buy Section, it's just between the parties, thus the Administration here can't resolve any issues."
Al

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Hey Guys!!

the Bronco arrived in Germany in week 9 - meanwhile customs was done and the car was picked up yesterday from harbour from a mate of mine (he has a oldtimer restoration company).
next plan is to see the car live tomorrow or saturday and get an idea what we need to do to register it as an oldtimer car in Germany.

the engine started, but it was not possible to move a gear into function, hence car was loaded on trailer with a winch.

some pictures below

·
Resident Nice Guy
2,220 Posts
Fantastic news! I'm very much looking forward to following it's progress :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
My 79 has no desire to stay in either 2wd or 4wd, just has the tendency to float, as the bungee cord running from the shift lever to the dash shows. Seems that’s how the PO decided to repair the situation

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Congrats on the new arrival.
Won't go into gear? Is the transfer case in neutral maybe? Be sure it's in 4Hi.
Hey AL
I need to check this, as I was just informed by the driver collecting it at harbour Bremerhaven.
Why it must be in 4HI - why not in 2HI?

21 - 32 of 32 Posts