Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

141 - 152 of 152 Posts

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" lift on 33's
35,824 Posts
If you have someone to share that Father's Day beer with, having one person wedging a pry bar against the pit-arm, while another is firmly smacking the side with a solid hammer (not dead blow, you're trying to get vibration) has worked for me in the past. I'm notorious for over-tightening things.

·
Registered
1978 Bronco Ranger XLT, 12V P-Pump Cummins, ZF5, Dana 60 Front, Sterling 10.25 Rear
377 Posts
Idk what you guys have in the way of local auto stores but I struggled with mine and rented the Heavy Duty Pitman Arm Puller and got it off with ease.

·
Registered
82 XLT Lariat 351w, Edelbrock 1406 4bbl ,C6 auto, auto locking hubs ,33x10.5x15
2,146 Posts
Ur really cruising right along with this resto. Great job 👍

·
Premium Member
1979 Bronco Ranger XLT, 400m engine, C6 trans
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
Thanks mate.
It’s here where I am stuck, will look for a bigger puller and probably heat it the same time.
The lower bearing of gearbox is show anyway, probably the connections of the fluid lines as well, the wrench does not fit over it... somebody blandly scratched them...

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
Idk what you guys have in the way of local auto stores but I struggled with mine and rented the Heavy Duty Pitman Arm Puller and got it off with ease.
yes this is the puller to go, but I don t believe it’s available.
We do not have auto stores to rent tools, Germany is mostly garage world - you bring your car somewhere to get things done...

·
Registered
490 Posts
We do not have auto stores to rent tools, Germany is mostly garage world - you bring your car somewhere to get things done...
That's what happens with those kraut space magic cars you guys drive The engineering is too complex to fix yourself!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #148
Canuck, so right, and 90% if that technology are not using with commuting and such.

anyhow,I won!
:)
The fu**er lost!

with the puller I could lend at the shop supporting my Bronco Import, theatm could be loosen from steering shaft and then I could take the gearbox out.

with the puller from one of the last pictures - the one on the floor plus a big hammer I could discuss the arm to give up!!
Woohoo:) that is nice!

mans thanks again for your ideas!!

mans the shop got my next project - well not really even I am highly interested...

·
Registered
1978 Bronco Ranger XLT, 12V P-Pump Cummins, ZF5, Dana 60 Front, Sterling 10.25 Rear
377 Posts
Fascinating. Yeah based on my experience being forced to help my dad with his BMW that makes a lot of sense haha. Yeah you may need to buy something similar or in all honesty I’d probably just buy a new pitman arm at that point if you still aren’t returning your core steering gear. Probably about the same cost in the end tbh.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Canuck, so right, and 90% if that technology are not using with commuting and such.

anyhow,I won!
:)
The fu**er lost!

with the puller I could lend at the shop supporting my Bronco Import, theatm could be loosen from steering shaft and then I could take the gearbox out.

with the puller from one of the last pictures - the one on the floor plus a big hammer I could discuss the arm to give up!!
Woohoo:) that is nice!

mans thanks again for your ideas!!

View attachment 159758

View attachment 159759

View attachment 159760

mans the shop got my next project - well not really even I am highly interested...

View attachment 159761
Nice!! Glad you got it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #151
Hey folks
What a long weekend journey this is up to now.
There was Father’s Day Thursday (holiday) and we had bridge day on Friday.

farting around with heater box and steering gear is finished. At least mostly. It’s all installed, bolted up.

heating must be connected with hoses and must be bleed air out.

steering - allin, but when I fill up reservoir at pump the fluid simply stays there.
when I crank engine (ignition coil disconnected) it’s sucked in, but coming back slowly - very slowly some air bubbles show up.
I filled roughly half a liter in.

F7E6B0CA-66DD-4410-BEE4-83E18108A905.jpeg

6D6F83B9-BA7D-48C0-85BC-EE7509DE3930.jpeg

the Hardtop is painted!!
The neighbor called in yesterday early evening while we had barbecue telling me roof and beer is waiting for me.
I packed the wife and daughter going there.
It were 3 hours, a lot of beer and some small clear stuff!! This always happens when we are with them.
just enjoying time - we sat in the garage with music and drinks - can totally recommend this!!

here’s a preview after 2 bottles of Raptorliner, 2 full layers - turned out great!!

89853BC3-221C-400D-B343-DCF8B3C9B0B5.jpeg

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #152
Hey Folks!!
Yesterday we yanked around with bleeding power steering, even with the bleed manual from redhead, well, let’s call it interesting....
When i move the steering wheel by 1cm the tires move!
There is no play left, it’s a dramatic change. The Bronco does straight lines!! Woohoo!! Great!
Feels as if it’s bled correctly, as least it spilled when cap of reservoir was off and afterwards it spilled through the little hole in the cap...

today I connected heater hoses to core and put roughly 3 liters of coolant in.
Used the valve near the heater box to flush air out.
But soon the entire coolant must be flushed completely. Looks too white green instead of just neon green to me.

BAFC981B-E923-47BA-A711-3B22DBE7D9F2.jpeg

Then I changed plugs. Well, a bit too much fuel I would guess, but can as well come from not driving it...

43671E07-FEFB-4878-926F-6C51566EEF42.jpeg

082DFBDD-306B-47D3-B486-87D62E241C61.jpeg

a drove about 1 mile through town, to verify steering, plugsand freshly bled brakes are working ok.

It was great and the guys are watching like crazy as
  • Loud US car on a Sunday in village
  • No plates
  • that driver is wearing a military hat
funny, but all worked and car did not stall like last time.

we are coming closer!!

next on list
  • Weatherstripping
  • Front window
  • Topper windows from Makrolon
  • Change blinkers to backup lights, as it’s not allowed to have red indicators
  • source steel rims and smaller wheels for certification
the list is shortened by nearly 30 points!!

141 - 152 of 152 Posts